Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage I'm wondering about an outdoor option...

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
For the past 2 years, I have taken my guinea pig outside in the summer. But, every time, he's ended up with a skin infection. Last time, it was supposedly ringworm (which it didn't look like, but oh well). We treated him for that, and he's been fine ever since. I am debating with myself about taking him outside this summer. I could bring him outside and have to pay $100, or I could leave him inside and he'll get depressed. My dad suggested that I bring him outside, but put him on a sheet, so he doesn't touch the grass. I think I'll do that, but I want a more permanent shelter. Any ideas or alternatives? Thanks!

pinky

Cavy Slave
They don't need to go outdoors. If you bring him out and stay out there with him, that's one thing, but I would not leave him out there alone for any length of time. There are too many bad things that can happen to him out there. The only reason I can see you taking him out there with you is so he can eat some grass. Putting him on a sheet defeats the purpose. Definitely do not house him out there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.