Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mirrors

jdomans

Cavy Slave
How many of you have bird mirrors in their cages and do the pigs take a look? It doesn't cause aggression?

I have mirrors in the cage and for the most part my piggers ignore them. Occasionally they'll take a quick look in passing, but they've mostly gotten over the novelty. Instead of a bird mirror, I bought a visor mirror at a parts store. The clips that normally slide over the visor slide nicely over the cube wires.

Obviously the mirror doesn't smell like another guinea pig, so I don't think there would be any aggression.:)

Mine have a large mirror in their cage. Every time they walk past they admire themselves in it. Lottie gets freaked out at mirrors while she out during floor time but doesn't mind them in her cage.

Someone on here has piggy who has nose-offs and rumbles at his reflection though. :)

Lina likes her bird mirror. It the only toy she will play with regularly. I think she likes the bell on it more then the mirror though since she holds the plastic chain in her mouth and rattles it like mad.

Tomoyo likes to look in the mirror. Sakura's too busy sleeping and pushing Tomoyo around to bother, Kero thinks it's ok and I haven't put it in Spinel's cage yet, but I will when Lina gets tired of it.

:) :) :) my mirror has a bell on it too he really likes bells

Two of my boys have a mirror with a bell at the bottom. If they hear it ring they go hyperlol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.