Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Found Chard in UK

Pinny Gigs

Cavy Slave
Whilst completing my regular veggie shop in Asda I was very excited to find (how sad is that) bags of chard! They have just taken out a three chard salad. It comes in a prepared salad bag and is a little pricey at about £1 a bag but my girls love it so much - who am I to say no!

Brilliant! When Asda finally come over to NI I'll look out for some! Thanks Pinny Gigs!

My nearest ASDA is 20 miles away but I'm sure I can persuade my boyfriend to drive me ;)

Goiing to sound so dum here but what is chard? I've never heard of it before.

A leafy vegetable that my girls go nuts over. Heard all the people from the US going on about it and when I found it I had to give it a go. Not quite sure what it is the leaf off as the piggies have eaten me all out of it at the minute so I've disposed of the packaging. Perhaps someone else can shed further light.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it! Sounds tasty for the guineas.

Darn - the closest Asda is like 30 mins away so we have to stick to Tesco's :) They only have the basics which is a tad annoying.

we have two female guinea pigs that are approximately 5 months old. has anyone experienced their girls going into season, becoming really really grumpy with one another and also trying to mount each other. we are new comers to piggies but did heaps of research before we bought them, but must have missed this behaviour. Is there anything we can do to lessen the effects of going into season because with having two girls we seem to be going from one season to another. Any ideas

gloriatilly said:
we have two female guinea pigs that are approximately 5 months old. has anyone experienced their girls going into season, becoming really really grumpy with one another and also trying to mount each other. we are new comers to piggies but did heaps of research before we bought them, but must have missed this behaviour. Is there anything we can do to lessen the effects of going into season because with having two girls we seem to be going from one season to another. Any ideas

Post a thread on this on the "cavy chat" part of the forums. You will definitely get a good, quick response there. It is not appropriate to post off-topic subjects in a thread about vegetables. Make sure you read the forum rules before posting, too.

I will keep an eye out for chard, it sounds good for my cavies.

Actually, since I started this thread I haven't been able to get a hold of any! Cursed myself! Think Asda may have discontinued it as me and my piggies were the only ones buying it. It may only be a supply problem, next time I am in I'll find someone to ask.

Ha ha my nearest asda is 5mins away. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.