Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coro: Do you know if it comes in this size?

Pig Master

Cavy Gazer
Hello!

I have a four by four home made cage for three boars and it was kind of an emergency build... It a nice solid cage it's bottom is a tarp though :rolleyes: The tarp is holding up fine (three months) but I'm moving rooms and I just don't think it's really uhh awesome. so I was wondering if any one has heard of sheets of coroplast coming in 5 by 5 sheets? or how could I attach two of them? would that be okay to do? oh and if you need to know the type of bedding I use It's Aspen Shavings though I really want to switch to fleece!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Hello!

I have a four by four home made cage for three boars and it was kind of an emergency build... It a nice solid cage it's bottom is a tarp though :rolleyes: The tarp is holding up fine (three months) but I'm moving rooms and I just don't think it's really uhh awesome. so I was wondering if any one has heard of sheets of coroplast coming in 5 by 5 sheets? or how could I attach two of them? would that be okay to do? oh and if you need to know the type of bedding I use It's Aspen Shavings though I really want to switch to fleece!

I believe the largest you can buy is 48x96. I often buy directly from Sabin which is a world-wide coroplast distributor and that's the largest size they make. You can overlap sheets sheets and tape them instead of just butting up two sheets and taping. Just make sure that the guinea pigs can't get to the tape and eat it.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
Part of my cage is a 4x4 and I had to tape corplast sheets together. I took 2 of the 2x4's from the cages store and overlapped them at first. Later on when I expanded my cage again I cut one side on each of the 2x4's and butted them together and taped. I really wish I had stuck with the overlapping.

pinky

Cavy Slave

Pig Master

Cavy Gazer
Thank you... I didn't think they came in such a big piece... The only thing I worried about is if I tape them will pee get around the tape? My floors are very nice wooden floors and the house we live in we rent.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Thank you... I didn't think they came in such a big piece... The only thing I worried about is if I tape them will pee get around the tape? My floors are very nice wooden floors and the house we live in we rent.
Why don't you cut a shower curtain a little larger than the base of the cage and place it under the cage? That way your floor will be protected. Some guinea pigs pee in the corner and if they do it a lot, it can leak out of the corners.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I have seen a 5x10 ft sheet at my local sign store.

Pig Master

Cavy Gazer
Thats not a bad Idea... I think I might just do that:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.