Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help needed (theresa you might know)

L

LaureRigal

Help needed (theresa you might know)

Hi there,

First I would like to say that for such a fatastic site.
After finding it I have decided to moove my piggies indoors. They had a large hutch previously and seemed happy but I must admit they they were not very social. (I have had them for about 9 months). I have now built them an C&C cage which looks great. the problem is that now that they are indoors they are very scared and are always hiding in their house.
I know that they need o get used the the noises and that but is there anything I could do?
Also do you know how long it will take for them to dare come out when I am around. I am worried they might get depressed.

Thanks in advance,

Laure

GeorgieLolaLove

Cavy Slave
Re: Help needed (theresa you might know)

Maybe you can take the hidey houses out of their cage in the beginning and put other hidey houses in that are more like little platforms that they can hide under but where they are still visible for you.
I think you shouldn't really worry about them being scared. They are not used to all the sounds of an indoor environment, but they will get used to it.
Also make sure that your cavies will connect you with food. If you come to them, talk nicely to them and feed them veggies they like. Stroke them and when they are completely comfortable with that, you can take them up and cuddle them.
Your cavies will connect you with food and soon they will understand that cuddling and stroking is nice and they might get something to eat as well!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Re: Help needed (theresa you might know)

Please look at the date on a post before you follow it up with an answer. Generally, if no one has said anything on a thread for over a month, no one is paying attention any longer. Unless you have something extraordinary to add, leave the thread to die. To find this thread, you must have been doing some incredible searching as it is over 2.5 years old. No one has posted to this in all that time. Let dead threads stay buried.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.