Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Health question. The bottom of my feet are red. Was on antibiotics for bumble foot 2

kimzano

Cavy Slave
The bottom of my feet are red.
I have been on antibiotics for bumble foot for 3 wks. At first they returned to a normal color
Then switched to sulfa tm and they are red again? Is this just a normal color for the bottom of a piggies foot????

They could be reddish if the nails are too long. I am currently working on making his nails shorter. Bumblefoot is also really hard to get rid of.

Some guinea pigs will have naturally red(er) feet than others. They won't be red like a fire truck, just a shade of pink that's not far from red.

https://www.guinealynx.info/pododermatitis.html read that for more symptoms and information on bumblefoot.

So.... Chloe has a new fleece cover over her waterproof matt in her cage. After just 3 hours the bottom of her feet are WHITE . Guinea pig skin must be really sensitive. Her feet are perfectly healthynow, and were definitely sore because of the bottom of her cage. If anyone is wondering wether or not to go fleece in their cage, this is one REALLY good reason to. She must feel so much better now! ( and so do I)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.