Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!!! :D

kadege

Cavy Slave
Hi!

I've been on here for a while, mostly getting advice, as I am a first-time guinea pig owner who has had her babies for a relatively short amount of time. I have two boys, Peanut Butter and Honey (in my profile picture). Right now they're separated by a wall of silence in a 2x6 cage I bought on this website, but I'm hoping to reintroduce next weekend (Sept. 13) as I hate having them alone on separate sides of a wall of silence, and I'd love for them to be friends and have more space.

I was really worried in my first weeks with PB that he wouldn't love me because he was really scared and timid, but now I can reach into the cage and he doesn't run, and he lets me hold him, and when I get out the bag of hay, he's right at the bars begging me with those sweet little eyes :D

Honey has surprised me because he seemed like such a cuddler when I first got him, and now he tends to run before I pick him up, although once I have him he likes to hide in my hair on my shoulder and just hangout with me. I'm still working on the trust thing as I've had him less long than PB, but I have faith we'll get there :)

I'll probably still keep posting questions, and once I get more experienced I'll hopefully be able to answer some too. Thanks in advance to all who help me out! All three of us appreciate it.

Hello :) welcome to the forum :) I hope your guinea pigs get along next time

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.