Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Help identify my guinea pigs breed

guineapigmama14

Cavy Slave
Can anyone tell me what breed my cavies are i think i have an idea but im not sure My smooth coat (the one laying down) has one rosette type thing on the top of her head she has a tad more white on her body, and poppy(by the pigloo) has what looks to be rosettes everywhere on her body Help identify my guinea pigs breedHelp identify my guinea pigs breed

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Re: HELP.?!?!?!?!

I can't see the pictures very well, but by your description, the piggert with the rosette on the head sounds like a Crested and Poppy seems to be an Abyssinian.

guineapigmama14

Cavy Slave

thats what i was thinking but i wasn't for sure. do you know which kind of crested she is? if im not mistaken there are a couple different ones. here is a better picture of her Help identify my guinea pigs breed

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

The different forms of Cresteds are just color varieties, I believe. The color varieties for Cresteds really confuse me at times, so I couldn't tell you.

Maybe it's a self crested, being that the crest is the same color as the rest of the coat? But, there's that one patch of white and I'm not sure of Self Crested guinea pigs have to be entirely one color. (A Self Crested is like a color pattern of a Crested) My best guess is Self Crested or just Crested (without any specific pattern).

Now that I'm typing it, I'm think it's actually just a Crested. :eek:

I hope I helped out some!

Last edited:

guineapigmama14

Cavy Slave

okay. Thank you for the help :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.