Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

would like to introduce to you... Wiggy =)

elisha

Cavy Gazer
Hi, my name is Elisha :). I'm from Malaysia and I'm totally in love with guinea pigs, this is technically my very first time with guinea pigs. I got one a couple of months ago,named him lil Wiggy and then started to build wiggy a :DPROPER cage with a friend. This website definitely gave me a reeducation on guinea pig care, happiness and health. My poor wiggy was stuck in a tiny tiny tiny tiny cage before this. Anyways, just thought I'd say a big big HI :eek:ptimist: to everyone here =) below are 2 photos of my lil wiggy, cute isn't he?

He is just the cutest piggy! :)

Does Wiggy have a friend now? How is the cage building going?

nope no friend yet.. not at the moment, i dont think i'm totally ready yet, still learning lots more about guinea pigs.. cage building? i built one already, uploaded a photo of it in the 'open cages' gallery =) thx lots for asking..hugs..

Aaaw wow your cage is lovely...so colourful...i love the hidey house made out of the kid's connector things. :)

Good idea to learn more about piggies. Your piggy will be even happier when you get him a friend. Piggies do better in pairs or more. But you will learn all that stuff when you spend more time on these forums hehe.

I bet lil Wiggy will be happy with you! :)

Did you rescue him?

nope... guilty as charged, petshop guinea pig... wanted to look for a breeder or any association here in Malaysia, but well, could not find anything...sigh... i personally don't really like petstores nowadays, they really don't take care of their pets very well =( there was this one shop i went to and they dumped like 15 guinea piggies in one small cage and they all had big lice problems,with scabs too! =( poor lil darlings, i was soo freaking angry... i bought wiggy from another petshop which took care of their guinea pigs much better.. i guess it really depends on the petshop owners and their conscience..

What a cute piggy. Good luck on finding him a friend. I'm sure he needs one.

Welcome Elisha and Wiggy! I'm a new memeber as well, also a new guinea pig owner. Coming from one new owner to another, get Wiggy a friend! The extra care needed in adding a second is minimal, cost isn't that much greater, and you'll instantly notice a change in Wiggy. They're also quite fun to watch together!

Not to be pushy, but both Wiggy and yourself would be glad if you did!

Welcome!

hi =) thx alot for the warm welcome, wiggy is a male guinea pig, i read online that 2 male guinea pigs might start fighting once they hit puberty, i am worried that my cavy cage isn't big enough to accommodate two piggies or to separate them when they do not get along. got any suggestions? i followed the requirements stated on the front page, i built my cage in advance for 2 guinea pigs to add a future one, but for some reason, after placing all the toys and stuff in the cage, it seems awfully small =( i am really worried that i might actually be causing both wiggy and potential new piggy more discomfort... and even smaller living units should i have to separate them =( small predicament...would appreciate any form of advice or tips..

How old is Wiggy? If he's young, you can get an older boar. If he's older, you can get a younger boar. It usually works out. What are the inner dimensions of the cage? We can tell you if it's big enough.

my cage is 30 inches by 50 inches long.. is that enough space? out of curiosity, are female guinea pigs easier to match up? can similar aged female piggies be kept together without any potential fights? thank you soo much =) hugs

It's slightly on the small side for two males, but as long as they get along, it should be fine. If you can get a spayed female, that would also be a good bet.

Just wanted to say welcome and your piggy is just as cute as can be.

I also LOVE the cage. It looks so fun. I want one of those little bridgey things for my piggies! Where do you get those?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.