Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Wondering whether these storage cubes are suitable

Ragdolleh

Cavy Slave
Hi all cavy lovers,

I'll just fill you in quickly on my background info before I get started: I'm a 17-year-old college student on a limited budget and I currently have two adorable guinea pigs unfortunately cooped up in a shop-bought cage (classic mistake). With some persuasion I've managed to get my mum to let me have a c+c cage in my room. However I'm from the UK and having the problem of finding wire storage cubes.
I was wondering if anyone could take a look at these and see if they are ideal for a cage:

(broken link removed)
The problem I have is I can't tell what they're made from, but they're an ideal price, and if I bought two sets I might be able to get combined postage costs. I have a link to an alternative set of wire cubes but they're twice the price - I don't have a fortune to spend!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Much love,
Ragdoll.

Ask the seller. They look like they might be wire mesh which will work but I can't really tell from the picture.

Thank you, I have sent them a message. :)

Looks like they are plastic. How about these?

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

whats wrong with plastic ones? alot of plastic is used with guinea pig stuff like igloos. im using some kind go like those but mine have circles in them. so far i see no problem with them. my guinea pig never tries to get up past the coroplast to try and chew it or anything.

I bought mine at walmart they arent wire and they work for gidget Wondering whether these storage cubes are suitable they were 13. and I saw them on sale for ten yesterday but my suggestion get on ebay and by extra connectors i have had to sip tie mine. i made a 2 x 3 with a loft area.

I bought mine at walmart they arent wire and they work for gidget View attachment 20943 they were 13. and I saw them on sale for ten yesterday but my suggestion get on ebay and by extra connectors i have had to sip tie mine. i made a 2 x 3 with a loft area.
these are what i use. i like the fact that they look better with my red coroplast and they look more urban i guess you could say.

whats wrong with plastic ones? alot of plastic is used with guinea pig stuff like igloos. im using some kind go like those but mine have circles in them. so far i see no problem with them. my guinea pig never tries to get up past the coroplast to try and chew it or anything.

If you can't really find any wire grids you can use the plastic ones in the link. They don't have holes so are harder to attach water bottles and are not as well ventilated as the wire ones.

@boofp, you're cage looks dangerous. Can you add walls to the loft?

If you can't really find any wire grids you can use the plastic ones in the link. They don't have holes so are harder to attach water bottles and are not as well ventilated as the wire ones.

@boofp , you're cage looks dangerous. Can you add walls to the loft?

I could She hasn't had problems with it.

Boofp, she may not have had problems with it yet, but that will be small comfort if she falls off and hurts herself.

Guinea pigs have eyes on the sides of their heads, so they don't have much, if any, depth perception, and they've got generally poor eyesight as well. Your pig could easily be startled on that small loft, jump, and get a leg caught in the holes. Just bear in mind that if that happens, it won't be you who's in pain, it'll be your pig.

I will get to work on my loft thanks for the information. I dont want any thing to happen to her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.