Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Wondering If This Could House A Third

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
My boyfriend and I have two boys. We were thinking of adopting a third, but aren't entirely sure on whether or not we have enough room in their current set up. (Not so much the length, but...since the grids sit inside of the cage, some of the width is cut out.)

Could someone take a look and let me know if our current set up would be large enough? Thank you :)

I would say that as long as you have at least a 2 by 6, you could have 3 boys in there.

I would say that as long as you have at least a 2 by 6, you could have 3 boys in there.

It's more like a 2 X 6 X 7...with the L-shaped pattern I have going on. I was just curious more because we keep the grids on the inside of the coroplast versus the outside. (We tried doing it the way everyone else does it, but had some serious problems trying to get it all to fit in there right and fit good on the tables.)

Are they losing that much space you think?

I don't know exactly how much space they are losing, to find that out you would need to measure the inside of the cage and do the math. I am merely answering the question of would it be big enough for 3 boars. The minimum for 3 pigs is a 2 by 5, so I would say that a good size for 3 boars (since they are more territorial) is a 2 by 6. If the inner dimensions match that of a 2 by 6, then it can comfortably house 3 boars. To find out what the inner dimensions of a 2 by 6 is, go to the home page of this website and check out the chart.

I don't know exactly how much space they are losing, to find that out you would need to measure the inside of the cage and do the math. I am merely answering the question of would it be big enough for 3 boars. The minimum for 3 pigs is a 2 by 5, so I would say that a good size for 3 boars (since they are more territorial) is a 2 by 6. If the inner dimensions match that of a 2 by 6, then it can comfortably house 3 boars. To find out what the inner dimensions of a 2 by 6 is, go to the home page of this website and check out the chart.

Thank you. Think I'll have my boyfriend measure the inner dimensions, I'm not good with tape measures and all that stuff.:yuck:

I wouldn't bother measuring. It looks fine to me.

Actually the coro inside the cage takes up room, if the coro is on the outside of the cage it's not taking in that tiny bit of space that it takes up when it's inside the grids. I don't think it's saving a whole lot of space but if it works it works.

That would be true but not in her case if you look close the picture the grids on the ends or overlapped to fit the inside of the coroplast that they couldn get it put on the inside which by the looks of it it is cutting off about 1 1/2 - 2 inches so instead of her haveing a 27" x 84" she has 25" x 82" just a quick estimate there.

Edit* actually it is takeing 3 inches off in width.

I have 4 boars. My only concern would be that I know that my boys are more likely to squabble in the narrower passages within their cage than in the wider expanses of the open "play area".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.