Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Which hay to order from KM this time?

BubuCandyBlue

Cavy Slave
My piggies love KM bluegrass and they've been fed with it for over 1 year, as they refuse other hay since they tasted this one. I had a big batch (always ordered 45lbs boxes), but it's now coming to an end and I'm confused what to order as KM hasn't had a good (past) year for bluegrass.

So what should I get?
Has anyone tried the 2nd cut Timothy(this last year's batch) from KM? Because if it's not green and soft, my spoiled piggies won't touch it.
If the above choice is not good, any other options/high quality suppliers to order from?

I'd really could use some help and any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

I would call around to different feed stores in your area asking if their orchard or timothy is green and soft and fluffy.

Just received KM Timothy hay yesterday and it is beautiful, green and soft. I just need to make a change because the cost of shipping is about the cost of the hay and really that is way too much.

Thank you so much for your help guys, much obliged and appreciated.
Just received KM Timothy hay yesterday and it is beautiful, green and soft. I just need to make a change because the cost of shipping is about the cost of the hay and really that is way too much.
I hear you Piggie Precious, same for me as I'm located in South FL. But I have to choose between them not touching the hay or wasting so much of another one by picking at it that in the end it will cost me the same. Hopefully we'll be able to spoil them through all their lives.

I get it from one feed store and it is always nice and soft. But the last few times I went they were out of orchard. A few times I had to get Bermuda which was OK but the timmy I got was nice, soft and very green.

Just a short update: because of lack of time to research more, I decided for KM timothy 2nd cut.
It arrived today, it's green and soft and the piggies seemed interested in it for now. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll love it.

Yeah, I was going to say, I ordered 2ncd cut timothy hay from Kleenmamas and got my shipment in a few days ago, and it was awesome ! I also ordered a small bag of pellets from Kleenmamas too, and my piggies so far seem to be enjoying it !

Yeah, I was going to say, I ordered 2ncd cut timothy hay from Kleenmamas and got my shipment in a few days ago, and it was awesome ! I also ordered a small bag of pellets from Kleenmamas too, and my piggies so far seem to be enjoying it !
I've tried the pellets too, for me they smelled very fresh, but piggies preferred to stay on Oxbow in the end, no matter how much I tried to slowly switch.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.