Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wheek Wheek

ButchCJG

Cavy Slave
One of our little pigs is a major wheek-er! She wheeks LOUD every time she hears my foot steps or a bag crinkling. SHe thinks I'll feed her. Even when we come into our front door, she wheeks! It's cute, but after awhile, it's like, HUSH! LOL.

She just WhEEEEEEEEEEK WHEEEEEEEEEEKs! Their cage is in my office, so every time I make the slightest noise that sounds like food, she gets vocal and lets me know she wants some.

That is a good sign though. They reserve that sound soley for humans.

Cute, mine do the same for a crinkly bag. But they do it every time they hear that noise, even if it's not for them hehe..

Mime do it with a crinkly bag or me walking up the stairs.

Mine do it when I whistle a certain note or when I open a crinkly bag or when I open the fridge.

I try to keep my piggies on a schedule so I dont hear wheeks all day. So far it works pretty good.

Mine are on a schedule too! I only give them veggies around 9am and around 6pm. But, they STILL wheek all throughout the day. Mostly it's just one fo them. She wheeks whenever she sees me and she begs for food. I love it. It's so cute!

Yeah, my pigs have been getting really spoiled recently. They are constantly wheeking for veggies throughout the day. Not to mention they are getting fat. One of my pigs gained 2 ounces in 1 week. They are going on a schedule!

I just gave them an approx. 18" x 8" plant of wheat grass which I just grew. They love it. Much too big though especially since the grass is only good for about 7 days. Have to go much smaller next time. It sure keeps them occupied though.

I was wondering about growing wheat grass. We grow it for our cat to keep him out of the house plants (and the timothy hay). Is that something most of you do?

I've been growing it, but I keep getting mold on them. I need better seeds.

Phoebe wheeks the loudest of all for wheatgrass. Even if I remove the empty wheatgrass bowl from her cage, she starts wheeking loudly.

I purchased the wheatgrass kit through the internet. Its expensive. If anyone here knows how to go about growing it themselves much cheaper let me know please.

Mine wheek when I click my fingers - since I got them, I always made clicking noises with my fingers during feeding time. So now (it actually looks like magic!), whenever I click, the come and run to the side of the cage, beg and wheek. It is the cutest thing ever!

Piglet said:
Mine wheek when I click my fingers - since I got them, I always made clicking noises with my fingers during feeding time. So now (it actually looks like magic!), whenever I click, the come and run to the side of the cage, beg and wheek. It is the cutest thing ever!

Hi Piglet,
I got my husband to make a run for them, it comes from their cage and covers half our room space. The other day we had just got back from doing our shopping and both of them was standing on their hind legs weeking and begging for what was in our bags, how did they know it was veggies lol. So cute. They have only just started doing this as they are about 3 months old or it's the first time I've seen and heard it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.