Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play what kind of toys do your piggies like?

rachelappel

Cavy Slave
Just a fun post. What do all your piggies like to play with? Homemade toys? Store bought toys? I bought a treat dispenser toy that my resident piggies just love:
https://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Living...d=1371996881&sr=1-34&keywords=guinea+pig+toys
i put their pellets in there instead of a food dish most days and they just go crazy over it, even on the "hard" level. they sure are smart little critters! We also currently have some foster piggies here and yesterday I discovered one of the foster kitties ping pong balls had made it into floor time with them and did they think that was the coolest thing ever! It was pretty cute to watch pigs play with a ball lol

Just a fun post. What do all your piggies like to play with? Homemade toys? Store bought toys? I bought a treat dispenser toy that my resident piggies just love:
https://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Living...d=1371996881&sr=1-34&keywords=guinea+pig+toys
i put their pellets in there instead of a food dish most days and they just go crazy over it, even on the "hard" level. they sure are smart little critters! We also currently have some foster piggies here and yesterday I discovered one of the foster kitties ping pong balls had made it into floor time with them and did they think that was the coolest thing ever! It was pretty cute to watch pigs play with a ball lol

Oh! I ordered one of those a week or so ago and am waiting for it to arrive :)
I was wondering if I'd wasted my money or if piggies really do like this device. I'll let you know if it's as successful for mine as it is for yours........

Mine love their fleece forest and their fleece hidies more than anything in terms of play, and they have just enough room to run laps and in and out of hides. I swear they play a mixture of chase, tag and hide and seek. I think also one of their favoutie toys is one I bought from ebay, a home-made hidey tunnel thing. It's not fleece, it is a tube of material that does does not stand up in a 'solid' way - it has three soft hoops sewn in to keep the entrance and middle upright, but it's also floppy and the pigs have to manipulate it to get in and out. They have plenty of fun with that. Infact Youngester (Sunrise) is playing with it at the moment, and when they play together it's often part of their play.

I see from YouTube clips that some love playing with jingly balls, like cat toys balls with bells in. Well I bought some and it was one big flop. Youngster is not interested, older piggy was frightened though eventually got used to it. But both of them ignore the balls so that's that.

They also like to explore boxes etc.

Last edited:
If you fill it with food I'm sure they'll love it lol I didn't think mine would like it but I bought it like a year ago when it was on sale for $10. My baby Mocha doesn't quite understand how to use it, but my four older ones just go crazy over it!

Tag is one of my pigs favorite games. Its really hilarious when all of them get running around psychotically. Its amazing that nobody's got a concussion yet with all that running and darting ;) Mine also really love toilet paper rolls stuffed with hay. Not to eat the hay or the tube, but simply to drag it around and play tug of war with lol they sure are entertaining!

Nice matter what I get for my girls, they will always love a lunch-size brown paper bag more, haha.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.