Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What kind of horse do you have?

Zenith Cherry

Cavy Slave
Lets talk about some of our bigger animal friends! :love:

I have a 15 yr old Arab/Paint/Mutt mix. He's bay with white jaw, belly, leg and face markings. Pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me! ❤️

So what does your four-hooved creature look like? :p

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Wow I wish I had my own horse. I go for lessons though and my lessons horse is named Foxy. She's a quaterhorse and she is so much fun riding.

Fanch

Cavy Slave
I have 2 miniature horses!! My first one I got in November 04 and hims name is Rhino(or his register name is CR Cinnamon Touch). Hes grey and loves to eat(of course) and jump. I have taught him to drive and we spend alot of time doing that.
My other boy is MacDuff(or his register name is CR Tall Dark N Hansom) and I got him in September 06. Hes black and loves to eat and ruff house with Rhino. Hes very smart and does some neat tricks.
I love my horses!!

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I have a 26 year old grey(white) Arab gelding named Czar. He thinks he's 6 not 26. I love him to death. He is so smart. I also have a strawberry roan quarter horse/morgan named Berry. He is 20 and extremly lazy. He is currently on loan to a friend's riding school. She traded me for a 3 year old bay quarter horse named Porche. She is definatly more challenging than my old men.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Oh I'm so jealous, I absolutely adore horses. Hopefully someday I'll be able to have my own. Would you guys mind posting some photos so I can see them?

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I love horses as well. There so beautiful and graceful and I can't wait for the day till I can get one of my own.

kwene_2009

Cavy Slave
Hello. I also have a horse! My horse is a 17 year old 13.4 hand buckskin mare. I got her from a lady that did not want her and the owner before her had abused her. Her name is Charmayne (after Charmayne James) because she used to run barrels. My mom has a horse that is a 18 year old 13.2 hand draft pony mix. Her name is Sally. Would it be okay for me to use the same hay for horses as for guinea pigs? We get our hay for free, which would REALLY be cost-effective for my future piggy! Happy Trails, everyone!

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
Hi I have four horses. The oldest is are 18 hand high quarter horse. He is more than 30 years old. Next in line is our Arab, Sandpiper, at the age of 21. Cricket is another of our Arabs, he is 20. Our youngest is a 19-year-old Thoroughbred.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I use the same hay I feed my horses for my pigs. Its much more economical for me to buy a 14$ bale of hay rather than a 20$ small bag of it.

If your pigs are over six months(I think) then they shouldnt have alfalfa regularly. It has too much calcium in it. My pigs get bermuda or timothy hay.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Ive got Betrail an 11yr old Grey(white) Mare and Jazzmin a 9yr old Pony. Also 9 (pet)Goats peter, darrel, jimbob, billbob, greg, popeye, georgie, blackie, recies.
Betrail
goats(recies not in pic:sad: )
jazzmin

Last edited:

MissCin

Cavy Slave
Jenni feathers: Your pets are adorable! I love the goats. I don't have any horses. :(

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
No large pets of my own, but my inlaws have about 30 donkeys. They don't pay much attention to them at all, and they live in the pasture behind my house......so I have spent a ton of money on carrots, and apples taming them down. I can handle just about all of them, some of them stand and wait at my fence day and night waiting on me to emerge and pet/feed them.

You'll see in the pics that we have a little gray baby that was born slightly premature YESTERDAY. He/she is SO cute!

This white baby was born a month ago. He s taming up to come to me quite quickly.

And this one is the clown. He thinks he owns me, so when I go to the fence he is constantly backing all the other donkeys up and sticking his head over the fence wanting kisses!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Soooo cute, I love donkey's ecspecially "Jesus Donkeys" like those.

Res Judicata

Cavy Slave
My four year old wants a horse for her birthday. She seems to think that we can keep it in the car. It seems around here that everyone with a half acre of land drops a horse on it, and she knows where all the horses are along the routes we take. The donkeys are cute, too! I am not showing that picture to my daughter.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I finaly loaded up a few pics.

This is of Czar (white) and Berry in the field during spring when everything was green.

Czar and I riding. He's a good boy.

Sandy_Acres

Cavy Slave
I have three horses.
DJ is 11 years old. He is a bay Thoroughbred gelding and used to race.

Bixby is a 12 Quarter Horse. She was bred for racing as well and trained for barrels. Her color is chestnut.

Minose is a 3 year old Percheron cross. She was a PMU filly. Her color is a very light buttermilk Buckskin.

Here is my avatar that I use on a horse forum. It's got tiny pictures of all of them (plus my pygmy goats):

PurplePoe

Cavy Slave
Ichabod is a 20-something chesnut saddlebred that was rescued from a kill-pen. I'll never know why, he's so well-broke and agreeable.

Maggie's a 6 year old quarter horse. She's a darker chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail. Previous owners just didn't know how to work with her.

Poe

WheeksUnlimited

Cavy Slave
I have four horses as well-3 mares and a gelding.

Star is 26 yo Quarter horse mare that I bought in 1991. She is bay with black mane and tail and a white star. Her reg name is Star Bar's Missy.

Gypsy is a 13 yo Morgan/Quarter mare I have owned since she was six. She is sorrel with a crooked blaze on her face-gives her a cute look.

Allie is a 5 yo Morgan mare. She is a liver chestnut a white strip/snip on her face. Her reg name is Princess Blazer's Chaos.

Digger is a 9 yo APHA solid bay gelding. I basically bought him to save him from going to auction. He would buck under saddle. Poor guy-he actually had a stomach ulcer that caused him pain when cinched and ridden. He was purchased from an auction in 2004, and then went through 4 different owners before I bought him in 2005. Now, with some extra training and TLC, he is turning into a great partner. His reg name is Bars Lil Digger Bear.
Interesting note is that he and I share the same birth date!!!!

I do not show, but love trail riding. I am also wanting to get into endurance riding and maybe some driving with my Morgan.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.