Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

We are Newbies too!

lmarino24

Cavy Slave
Hi there, my 7 yr old daughter wanted to adopt some guinea pigs and I'm sorry to say without knowing any better, I got them at our local Petsmart. The boy working there said these two have been here a while because they have red eyes and noone wants them :sad:....that's all we needed to hear! So here are Checkers and Snowball...they are so much fun and we :love: them very much!! I'm hoping to continually gain as much knowledge as I can from the forum to help them have happy , long lives! :D

We are Newbies too!

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
They are so cute!! I don't know why people wouldn't want them because of their red eyes!

lmarino24

Cavy Slave
According to the young man at store, they look 'devilish'...total nonsense!!

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
No way!! How could those cute faces be devilish??

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
Aww, they are beautiful and it's so sad no one wanted them because of their eyes!

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
They are both so cute!
As they came from PetSmart, please confirm that they are both the same sex. https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm
Pet stores are notorious for selling mis-sexed, sick and sometimes pregnant pigs.

Nessy

Cavy Slave
Oooh welcome and congratulations on your new companions. They are very cute indeed :)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Ohhhh they are really adorable! Some people are just weirded out by the red eyes. I think they look kinda cool to be honest. I've had a few with the red eyes. It's certainly no reason to pass them over.

Ditto what the others have said, since they are from a petstore, I would double and triple check to make sure they are the same gender. If they are not, I would double and triple check to make sure the female is not pregnant.

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
Petsmart swears they only bring in males...but thanks for the info! I will check to be sure..

I would seriously doubt they only sell males. The staff at PetSmart and the supplier will likely be less than adept at sexing. Thanks for checking.

Amber08844

Cavy Slave
haha that is a funny joke. We adopted our guinea and a month later fell in love with another male guinea while at PetSmart buying dog food. We ended up buying a male piggie, Patrick. Well last week Patrick had 5 babies!! Just saying!! Your piggies are adorable, red eyes and all!!

MrsSuzy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are sooo gorgeous!! I think I'm developing a soft spot with piggies with red eyes. They are just great!

And welcome, this is a great place for good quality info, crazy piggy slaves and piggies chat and photos :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.