Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wallmart selling Guinea pigs!

Fluffy_Guinea

Cavy Slave
I went Wallmart and they were selling guinea pigs they were in these small glass aquariums with no veggies or hay there were three of them in one of these tiny aquairums. I didn't know wallmart was selling guinea pig it makes me sick too my stomach. They were adorable but I had to resist there are many many more guinea pigs who are in shelters right now. They also had this green and pink bedding I don't know if it's bad or good considering everything probably bad. They were only babies to grr it makes me want to punch those people in the face for doing this to them.

Have you considered making a complaint to the manager? If the animals are in really bad condition you might also be able to report them to someone.

Yeah I would definitely give the manager an earful about how they should properly care for them. Poor babies....probably hard to breathe in that aquarium. Ugh...it makes me sick.

I know I want to give the manager a piece of mind alright, they were so cute to but I resisted it's hard..I guess I'll go back there some time and see and hopefully talk to the manager about it.

What state is this in?

I didn't know they sold them. Humm I might check my walmart. Don't go there much though, usually go to target.

I hope they don't sell them here! Wal-Mart never takes care of their animals well. Of course, I haven't look at the fish in a while, but I doubt they've improved.

I hope they don't sell them here! Wal-Mart never takes care of their animals well. Of course, I haven't look at the fish in a while, but I doubt they've improved.
I don't think they would take care of the animals even half way good. Most people that work there are only there because it is the only job they could get and it is minimum wage. Our walmart is one of the older ones. And the people there don't care. You can telll that about how they keep the store. Ours is a mess. Target is much better and they don't sell animals just food and things like that.

The Wal-Mart near me has been open for maybe 9 years or something. I forget how old I was when it opened. They first had it near a hill being constructed on, and rocks fell on it. They had to re-built it somewhere else. I don't remember the old one that well. That was a really long time ago.

Oh, that does not make me happy. That's horrible, poor piggies. I'm glad you didn't get them because that would be furthering their supply and demand, but I feel so bad for them! Like Ly asked, what state is this in?

The wallmart is in Michigan and yeah I couldn't get the guinea pigs anyway I have to wait a few weeks my mom had surgery (hip replacement) so we have to wait a few weeks but if I asked after I could have but I explained to my parents the horrors of petstores and so I'm adopting I'm so happy I found this site in time.

Wow...I hope my Walmart never ends up selling pigs. One reason I have a female betta is because I found her in about an inch of water in the sink over in the fish section. They thought she was dead but she wasn't. I can only imagine what could happen if they had pigs. :eek:

Probably if they had pigs, all of them would have scurvy, mites, and maybe URIs.

Yeah I might go there and see if their sick and have a talk with the manager but he will probably won't listion but worth a try. My dad told me it won't work not much of a confidence booster I want to get one and help them but I can't it's so infuriating (sp?).

Then we can make a petition and boycott Wal-Mart. A hermit crab site made a petition and boycotted. They also contacted their individual store. I think the crab-in-a-cups are gone.

That's a awesome idea let's try it I'm desprate to help the poor pigges if it dosen't work I will annoy the manager in till he does something though that might not be a good idea I might get in trouble for harassment (sp?) lol.

Well this is awkward well I found out it was meijers yeah meijers (sp?) sorry for the mix up but all conditions are the same though..

Well this is awkward well I found out it was meijers yeah meijers (sp?) sorry for the mix up but all conditions are the same though..

Huh? lol, sorry, but I'm confused...

I went to meijers and wallmart and one of them had guinea pigs I thought it was wallmart but it was meijers I think.

Oh, ok, I see. I've never heard of this chain, but it doesn't make it any better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.