Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Urine Stain Removal for Light-Colored Fleece?

Roo99

Cavy Slave
Just last night, I bought my pigs all new fleece and towels, and I was very excited to get it in their cage so that they could enjoy their new bedding. I have had light colored bedding in the past, but did not encounter this problem.

The fleece I got which is currently in their cage right now is a teal and white patterned fleece, but when the pigs urinate on the fleece, it stains quite obviously. I washed the fleece before putting it in the cage, just as I've done with every other fleece I've used over the 2 years I've had my pigs, but never have there been urine stains.

Since the fleece has only been in since last night after I washed it, I wasn't planning on pulling it out to wash it for a little while. But, when I do, what is a pig-safe and effective way to remove urine stains? This isn't white calcium residue or anything of the sort-- it is very clearly urine. Is there any way I could spot treat it now, while it is still in the cage, which will remove the stains?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can't safely remove the stains while it's in the cage. But they'll come out just fine when you wash the fleece. Fleece is hard to stain.

Roo99

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! That's comforting. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.