Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

update on pigsitting

cinnyminny

Cavy Slave
A few weeks ago I posted about pigsitting advice because I was going to paris for a week and would be gone for 10 days. Well I took the precious time to prepare 20 meals for cinny and putting them into plastic baggies to make it SUPER easy for my friend to feed her. for the first 5 days I put allthe veggies into a bag, and for the second 5 days I only put lettuce into baggies and kept the pepper whole so that nothing would spoil. I explained to her that she would need to cut up the pepper and add the other veggies to those last 10 meals for 5 days. She has a pig of her own so I had complete trust in her.

But when I came back I was horrified. It was obvious that she didn't clean the cage the entire time I was gone. there was enough poop in there to be a week's worth. And she told me "oh yeah you have extra veggies in the fridge" so I went to look. there was a baggie of lettuce left, meaning she didn't feed her one of her meals. And the green pepper I bought for her to use for the last 5 days was completely UNTOUCHED. The bag of carrots didn't look like anything had been used as well as the cherry tomatoes. Also, her bowl of pellets was completely empty and there were a few pieces of hay in her cage...

she's my best friend and I love her, but she didn't take very good care of cinnamon.
so basically, I'm not leaving her with anyone ever again that doesn't completely understand the responsibility and how much time it takes to care for a piggy.

I am so sorry! I wish people would understand how important our piggies are to us! When I tell people how much veggies my piggies eat they just about pass out! They think I am exaggerating, or just plain over feeding them. They REALLY don't get it!

Similiar experience, a friend (who had done a good job previously) promised to take care of my pigs. I was gone for 3 days and when I got home the pigs were furious. She hadn't come by once in 3 days. The pigs were fine (they still had hay and water left). I was furious.

Some extra lettuce and a cage cleaning later, the pigs forgave me. Now I line up 2 people to come by and take care of them.

I would be upset too. That is hard her being your friend and you not wanting to rock the boat of your friendship. At least the piggies were okay and you learned to line up someone else next time. My piggies would be upset at me if that happened, they practically stare me down until the veggies are served every day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.