Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners U-haul Blankets Are Thinner Than I Expected

MooMoosMomma

Cavy Slave
So, I just purchased some U-haul blankets today & have them in the washer as of now, but I noticed in the store that they were really thin! I didn't expect that, but bought a couple anyway because I've heard a lot of good things about them on here. My concern now is about how to use them. Origionally, I assumed I'd just need one layer, but am I going to have to double layer? Please share your tips! Thanks!

I'm sorry, I don't have any tips. That is because I have no idea that there is such a thing. Can you tell me where you are? I'm in Scotland. What are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're thin but work so well! I believe double-layering is a good plan...I folded mine over once to make 2 layers and then cut off the excess (to be used later to make lap-pads). I think a single layer wouldn't be enough to keep the fleece nice and dry. :)

I use 2 layers. They are very thin but please trust....they are awesome!!! Most times when I change out the fleece, the bottom layer of uhaul blanket is almost always clean and dry except for in the corners. You are gonna love them. Except for all the fuzz you will have in your dryer the first few times washing them. :eek:hmy:

@chip123, I live in the United States. They are basically furniture moving pads made from recycled denim jeans. I'm not sure what they'd be called in Scotland. :)

Thanks. I think I've seen something similar but with a different name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not noticed a big diffrence in using one or two layers personally. I use two for Ben and Bacon's cage because of Ben's foot deformities. It makes the ground softer for poor Ben. In Eddy and Buddy's cage I just use one layer because it is easier to clean and less laundry.

U-Haul pads are generally thin, I've heard that after a few washes they can thin a little bit.

I used one layer under one layer of fleece. However, since it's a felted fabric as opposed to a woven one, every time you wash and dry it some of the fabric is lost. I recommend either sewing a layer of fleece on each side, or a towel layer on one.

The thick u-haul pad arnt sold anymore. Im lucky my dad had 3 in his truck! yay!! i

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.