Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C To House Two Boars

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
I know there is a guideline on the main page here that details exactly how much room is preferred for x-amount of piggies, but I just wanted to check with some of you long-time piggy veterans regarding the current size of the cage that I'm housing my current little guy in. The main reason I'm questioning if this is big enough is because he had to lose about an inch of space, width-wise, on certain parts of the cage. Could you guys take a quick peek at these photos and let me know if it looks big enough? The current measurement on the first part of the cage is 9.3 square feet and the addition you see at the end is 7.3 square feet. (Minus any inches width-wise we had to take away to fit the grids on the inside versus outside of the cage; we had to do it this way because we couldn't find a table quite wide enough.)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

IMG_1485.jpg IMG_1486.jpg IMG_1495.jpg
It's very nearly a 2x5, plus a grid, if I'm seeing it right. If that's the case, it should be fine for 2 boys.

It's very nearly a 2x5, plus a grid, if I'm seeing it right. If that's the case, it should be fine for 2 boys.
Oh good, I was hoping so. We had to do some finangling (spelling? I can't spell that word, haha) but we combined two cages into one. The one to the right that forms the L-shape pattern is the recommended cage size for one guinea pig; the other, much longer one is 9.3 square feet. I was just worried about the width--but I guess it's okay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.