Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Store? Need ideas

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! I'm thinking of yet another idea: creating an online store! I know this has been done before, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes who already have stores running.

The money I make by selling will go towards purchasing materials for c & c cages for local humane societies. This is a project for this summer, and I was thinking that perhaps I could sell items online.

I have some ideas of what to do, but many have been done before. Some of these are:

Cozies--quilted and non-quilted covers
Fabric tunnels--quilted and non-quilted covers
Small fleece blankets (for the pigs)--handsewn binding around the edges

I don't need all the items to be for cavies, but I can't think of too many more. I've been looking at the screen too long, I think! :) Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

you could make hamocks, tents, cage liners(any combination of fleece maybe the coustemer could choose) you could sell safe wood chews,maybe you could sell individual connectors and cubes.You could even sell patterns to make the stuff!

Thanks for the ideas, Dagwell! I was thinking of selling cages locally, through shelters and such, as shipping would be very expensive. Thanks again!

I think that it would be great for you to open an online store. You mentioned not only selling cavy items, perhaps are you thinking about carrying dog food and or dog treats?
If so I would love to see some healthy products such as Natura and Wellness products.

I work at a Shelter and we just recently had 18 Gp's dropped off and 2 of them I adopted. Since then all of them have been adopted but I am always surprised on how much people don't know about the proper care of GP. We receive GP's in 10 tanks and horrible food. I could go on about all the improper care and unhealthy diet, education is an important tool.

I would love to see Shelters use C&C cages to house their GP till they are adopted.

Sorry for the long post, I could rant and rave forever.
Good luck,

Thank you for the support, Podybears! I agree, there are far too many people that have no idea what they are doing with cavies. The shelter doesn't happen to be in Minnesota, does it? Oh, probably not, but I had to ask. Thanks once again!

No sorry the shelter that I work at is in South Dakota.

I am on a mission to find the healthiest dog food and cat food available, I am also reading a book called "Food Pets die for" It is a very interesting book about what really is in our dog and cat food.

If anyone has any question about dog or cat food feel free to email me at
[email protected]
I am always willing to research info for you.

Podybears, some very nutritous food is Wysong(check out their website) and Solid Gold health products(also check out their website). They are both VERY healthy and I know for sure that Wysong doesn't test on lab animals, and I'm almost sure that Solid Gold doesn't.

That's a good idea MN. Maybe you could think of something else to have in your store, that maybe nobody else has, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Like a new product of something? I don't know. Good luck!

Thanks Doc,
I will definately check that out, I am always open for new ideas and dog and cat food,
Thanks again

Thanks for all the help, Podybears! Glad you like the idea, Emily!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.