Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sponsor-A-Pet

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone.

I've been wanting to donate to the ASPCA and found various other links along the way on Google about sponsoring a dog or a cat from certain shelters. Sort of like sponsoring a child, they send you a postcard with their photo and update on how they're doing, what you're money has contributed towards for them, etc.

I would seriously like to do this! My income is very limited right now, so it's between the ASPCA or sponsor-a-dog. I suppose it doesn't matter which state you sponsor an animal from, but I've been trying to find one from my general area (Northern Connecticut, Western Massachusetts, or even regional) and have come up with nothing. I have no problem with sponsoring a dog from across the country, but I have a general question: Do animal control shelters (pounds) in towns accept donations? Would they be open to the idea of sponsoring an individual animal? I just like the idea of SEEING the actual animal(s) that I'm benefiting, which is why I'm stuck on this idea of sponsoring an animal. I'd gladly contribute to the SPCA as well. Monetarily, I just want to do what I can with my limited income. I suppose since I cannot adopt a dog or cat right now, if I know that I'm sponsoring one within driving distance, I might be able to just pop in and see how they're doing.

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/ideas on this? If this has already been answered before, I do apologize. The only general search I used in finding out about this was with keywords... ASPCA and HSUS. Thanks! :)

...Any thoughts?

If I were you, I would donate to your local SPCA or shelter. They need more help than the ASPCA. The ASPCA gets a lot of funding through their show, etc. so your SPCA will benefit more in a way. Plus, you get to see the animals yourself. :)

If I were you, I would donate to your local SPCA or shelter. They need more help than the ASPCA. The ASPCA gets a lot of funding through their show, etc. so your SPCA will benefit more in a way. Plus, you get to see the animals yourself. :)

Would my local Humane Society be the same? I think there is actually one not too far away from where I live.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.