Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Sometimes I can hear moaning / whimpering coming out of the cage..what could it mean?

Misicka

Cavy Gazer
Hello,

I have two piggy brothers, 6 months old. Recently I started to hear some moaning sounds resembling whimpering or a tiny little sigh coming out of their cage. So I'm a bit afraid something's going on with them but i couldn't find anything specific online.

However I can only hear the noises when they are inside of their hidey (they share the blanket from the GuineaDad liner under which each of them has a little tunnel so they have separate exits) so I was thinking maybe they are just annoyed with each other not having enough privacy?

I read it could be something to do with UTI or bladder issues but i haven't seen any blood and they don't look sick - they run around, jump a lot, eat everything and keep demanding veggies. Also their main peeing spot is right by the hay and their hidey is all the way across the cage and they don't make the noise when they're by the hay.

Does anyone here have a similar experience? I would love to hear :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I wouldn't worry about it. They're not silent animals, and they may just be complaining to each other. It's not a sign of a UTI. If they're acting normally and maintaining their weight, just keep observing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.