Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Shocking kijiji ad - can I report it?

vasudha202

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone,
I've seen a lot of warnings on this forum about sketchy craigslist ads by breeders and such. And I recently came across this one on kijiji that sounds more like some ignorant idiot than a breeder, but it's just infuriating.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-pet-accesso...es/1127283956?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I can only hope that he did not have 2 or 3 guinea pigs in that horrible prison, and if he did, that they went to a good home, and that whoever bought that thing is using it as a fish tank or something.

Is there anything that can be done about these kind of ads? It's probably not a clear violation of kijiji terms, like a breeder using it to sell, but in my opinion it's like encouraging animal cruelty.
I left an anonymous (hopefully!) response to the poster saying politely that it's not a suitable home for guinea pigs as he mentioned, and he might want to sell it as a fish tank since clearly that's what it is. Not sure if that will do any good.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
There's nothing shocking about it, and kijiji doesn't have any rules against breeder ads, I don't think. You can report it, but it'd likely be ignored since many people still do house mammals in tanks.

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
Still, that post needs to be taken down. It says that it come with a ball for the guinea pig. As we all know, that isn't any bit suitable for a guinea pig. I tried to shoot out an email, hopefully the post will be taken down.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.