Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fresh Food schedules

3bdulla

Cavy Slave
Can people tell me a few of their vegetable / fruit schedules?

Romaine and 3 dif types of peppers in the morning Leaf of romaine and curly parsely at night. Twice a week apple orange or carrot as after dinner dessert. Plenty of hay and pellets and water. :)

I have to feed the piggies around my work schedule, so the schedule I've recently had has been working pretty well.

I wake up around 9am and give them 1/8 cup of pellets in both bowls, re-fill their hay and water.
Around 1pm they each get 1 - 1 1/2 leaves of Green or Red leaf lettuce.
Around 5pm they each get 1/8 slice of green bell pepper.
At 10-11pm they each get about 2 leaves of radicchio and they get another 1/8 cup of pellets in both bowls.
Hay is re-filled as needed throughout the day.
They get fruit once a week, usually either cranberries or a very small amount of banana.

They also get 1 cherry tomato each when we have them. Riggles doesn't really care for them, but George loves them. :)

Mine don't exactly have a schedule, they get bits of stuff throughout the day and a full feeding at night. Lots of lettuce and grass everyday, 1/4 a bell pepper and a carrot each. Then cucumber 4x a week, celery, tomatoes and fruit every so often.

I don't really keep track, I feed them what's ripe in the garden, and what's good in the fridge ! If mama makes squash or sweet potato then they get a chunk etc. If I have a kiwi diced up to eat they get a piece each.

If I fed as little as Aleks, we would have a riot at my house!
Haha. I give some extra veg throughout the day when i can, that is just their main set feeding schedule.

Carlton doesn't have a schedule persay. It depends on my work schedule right now and come September my school schedule.

But generally it's:
9am - I get up. Fill his pellets/hay/check water.
11amish - give him some peppers and lettuce. (Or zucchini if we have it)
7pm - rest of his daily pepper and a baby carrot.
Every other day he gets either a bit of cucumber or a cherry tomato (typically Monday/Wednesday/Friday)
once a week he gets a bit of fruit, like a grape or an apple slice (usually Saturdays)

Before I go to bed I check his hay one last time (I refill it as needed), give him fresh water and take any uneaten veggies out.
Sometimes I'll toss him a little bit more lettuce.

Well, my pigs like their veggies at night. They have pellets and hay all day everyday. They get carrots daily. They also get pepper daily, just whichever color I grab. I introduced a bit of cucumber tonight and they LOVE it. I also bought some green beans today for them. I have cut out green leafys for now to see if that gets rid of the calcium in their urine (or see if that is what it was!) They're still new so we are slowly introducing new foods over time.

I'm thinking of doing:
~some chopped fruit and veggies in the morning
~a small handful of grass in the afternoon
~and lastly a bowl leafy greens and lettuces at night
What do you guys think?

We don't really have a schedules so to say..we just do two meals a day..
Each meal each piggy gets:
1/4 bell pepper
Some leafy veggie/s
And an extra like carrot, tomato, apple, celery ect.

Here is the piggies plates this morning..They had Orange bell pepper, fancy lettuce, cucumber and coriander.
schedules

I do chopped bell pepper (various colors), baby tomatoes, sometimes carrots, celery, herbs, etc, in the morning (2 cups)
Then in the afternoon I do a small snack such as cucumber or parsley or a small handful of fresh grass.
then at night they get red leaf or green leaf lettuce, Swiss chard, cilantro, or whatever leafy greens I have.
Then once or twice a week they get fresh fruit as dessert (ie, watermelon, apple, orange, etc)

my bunny's schedule is pretty much the same except sometimes I give her less because she is very very picky and sometimes won't eat things, or she's not hungry.

and my hamster gets a small bit of lettuce or carrot every other day.

We don't really have a schedules so to say..we just do two meals a day..
Each meal each piggy gets:
1/4 bell pepper
Some leafy veggie/s
And an extra like carrot, tomato, apple, celery ect.

Here is the piggies plates this morning..They had Orange bell pepper, fancy lettuce, cucumber and coriander.
View attachment 51683
How many pigs is that for?!

The big blue bowl is for my herd of 5.
One white bowl is for my male trio the other is for a girl trio in the rescue
The three bowls at the front are for single pigs and the rest are for doubles...
Here:

schedules

The rabbits mostly get leafy veggies, cats get cat food, rats get rat pellets & cooked food *hehe..had scrambled eggs and a bowl of fruit last night!*...the fish get fish food!
They eat better then me...

The big blue bowl is for my herd of 5.
One white bowl is for my male trio the other is for a girl trio in the rescue
The three bowls at the front are for single pigs and the rest are for doubles...
Here:

View attachment 51687

The rabbits mostly get leafy veggies, cats get cat food, rats get rat pellets & cooked food *hehe..had scrambled eggs and a bowl of fruit last night!*...the fish get fish food!
They eat better then me...

Wow, you have a lot of piggies!!!! And a lot of other pets!!!! 24 pigs?

@TheMuffinPiggy
We run a guinea pig rescue.. 16 of the pigs are in our rescue the other 8 are my piggies. :)

Awesome! Oops, I should have seen it in your description lol

We give ours romaine or red leaf, about 1/2 to 2/3rd cups each once per day with their bell pepper & another veg for dinner. Oxbow CQ pellets once per day; 2 tablespoons each plus a small piece of either veg or fruit for breakfast. They have unlimited Oxbow Timothy hay & water.

Here's some very good info;

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

If you notice, for serving info they state 1 cup total for both lettuce and veggies combined per day, per pig. That's what we go by.

Unlimited hay and 1/8 cup of pellets each every day.
Then they get green leaf lettuce, 1/8 of a green bell pepper, a bit of either celery or cucumber, and whatever other bit of veggies I have in the house. That's split into a cup in the morning and a cup at night (I have two pigs!) Then mama gives them a carrot each sometime during the day

Mine get 1/8 cup pellets in the morning( 630-7am) along with a cup of diced cucumber, celery,and peppers( shared for two piggies)Lettuce, normally 4 leaves because I do not add that into their cup. The same for dinner(7-8pm) though the veggies will change some, I do give mine some carrot daily and a sliver of apple or another fruit. They have unlimited hay and water. I do give extra pellets to the old guys sometimes, I think they got more at the shelter, they are always begging for food. You should see them nose around the empty pellet dish. Though they are heavier now then when I got them, so maybe I do feed them more.

The 6 month old piggies weigh in grams

Huggle - 1037 ,Muggle - 1072

The 3 1/2 year old piggies weigh in grams

Knock Knock - 1217, Who's There -1360

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.