Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

RIP my little Rex

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I wont be writing much as I'm in tears.

Rex and Bubbles were my first two guinea pigs, he was only 3 years old.

Things are hard right now, my nana was in a car crash yesterday, my depression is once again bad, my mum has gotten depression from our family problems and from nana, my uncles (18 years old) girl friend ran away from her home so we're trying to help her, my father is still a jerk.

It's just a really bad time for me right now, and now I've lost one of my first guinea pigs. I feel like a failed him. It just all feels like its a nightmare right now.

RIP my little Rex

And one of him living with his best buds...Ron on the left and his brother Bubbles on the right.

RIP my little Rex

I'm so sorry for your loss. :( You didn't fail him. You were an amazing parent, I'm positive!

I'm so, so sorry for your loss and for all that is happening to you right now. Trust me when I say this: It will be alright and it will get better. Rex is in a better place and you gave him a good life while he was here. You have my condolences. RIP Rex.

I'm so sorry about the loss of Rex and everything else that has been happening to you. :(
I agree with the others, your an amazing piggy parent, i'm sure he had a great life with you.

So sorry. Rex was just beautiful.

I'm so sorry. :(

He was adorable! I'm so sorry everything is happening at once. It's so overwhelming.
Best of luck to you, your nana, your herd, your uncle and his girlfriend, and your mom. Things will get better. :) Hugs to you.

Im so sorry but I know for a fact that you spoiled that pig so much just like all of your critters. You are one of the greatest guinea pig parents I have ever seen. I am sure he is very happy up there getting all the veggies he wants. R.I.P.H. little Rex (the H is for happiness).

I'm so sorry....... You're one of the most dedicated guinea pig people out there so I know that Rex had an amazing life with you. I have no doubt that his little spirit is running laps right now with all the others who've crossed the bridge before him. Please accept my condolences.....

It deeply saddens me to see your post. I know the feeling that you have right now of feeling like you failed your best friend since I'm going through that right now as well. Be assured though that I believe your piggy to have had a great life and to have loved you very much. It may very well have just been his time to pass on. I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that things start looking up for you soon. Remember too that you have 2 other beautiful little piggies that are there to comfort you and need you. Giving them some hugs should definitely help you feel a whole lot better.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope things look up for you and your family. Remember, you're not alone, you've got your cavy family here!

Thank you all, I'm feeling a bit better today.

Here is a picture of my two other boys checking out their new cleaned cage which I did straight away..

I do have a herd of 5 other piggies...and a little girl in our rescue who I'm keeping and need to find some time to introduce her to my herd.

This is my little Angel, my new girl..

At first she was called Angel as she reminded me of Precious..but now she can be my little pig who reminds me of all the little piggy angels there are watching over the rescue.

OMG Angel's mouth is the best!!! SO CUTE!

@RodentCuddles: I hope I'm not upsetting you by asking this, but how did he pass? Was he ill at all? Again, you have my deepest condolences.

Last year during the fireworks time my three boys got very sick, Bubbles stopped eating and just hid due to the fireworks so then Ron started to bully Rex. We went to the vets (not the one we use now!) and they said they have a yeast infection...so we treated them for that...ever since then my boy Rex has had weight problems...but the vets who treated him didn't see any reason for it nor any cure.

ETA: And yes, they were/are extoic vets...they pride theirselves on it....but we now know not to use them and use another vets who help us out greatly and have learnt about guinea pigs for us.

I had no idea male pigs could get yeast infections. Not doubting you or the vet at all, I was just always under the impression that was a female issue (as it is with people).

Don't worry, you can doubt the vets who I use to go to...I don't recommend them at all..even though they are the only Extoic vets where I live, the vets we now go to is much better.

i'm so sorry for your loss. Rex was a beautiful piggy. I had tears inmy eyes reading this post and then i got to Angel's pictures and I just had to chucle. She is gorgeous and looks so happy.

Oh wow, so sorry to hear. You definitely did not fail him. You are one of the best gp parents I have seen. Unfortunately we can do everything in our powers to try and save our loved ones (humans too) but genetics or things out of any control trumps our best efforts. I hope you feel better soon as well as your family stuff.

And I love the pics of Angel! Look at the mouth! How did you capture that?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.