Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rain, Rain

TwoOfaKind

Cavy Slave
Hey Guys. Chances are there are many of you experiencing bad weather. I hope that each of you are safe in your homes and not having to travel !

We have a couple of hurricaines following this tropical storm, and the weather started getting bad yesterday (or showing signs of it anyway);

Severe flooding, and the news is covering the coverage pretty much all day long. There have been several people stranded, and a local grocery store's roof caved in, sadly there were several people injured and one person who was killed :sorry:

I went to work, got home around 2pm, and am kind of stranded inside for what appears to be the entire night. The A.C. repair guys are supposed to be here before 6pm, but who knows with this weather. It's funny, usually I feel obligated to do things - but when I am not able to do things, I don't feel guilty for not doing them, haha lol

Weather is so weird - for the last week we've had heat advisory alerts, the temperature reached 104 the other day (that was w/o the heat index!) - and now, it's just humid and rainy. Really rainy. Ugh :melodrama

Well, I hope that whatever you all are doing this afternoon, you guys are safe from bad weather!

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Best of luck with the weather.Our weather is nice right now, we are supposed to get rain, but nothing like what you are experiencing. Where I am , we don't get hurricanes, there have been tornadoes around the outskirts of the city, but not near me...knock on wood it stays this way.... I would be terrified to go through what some of you guys have went through with weather. Our weather gets bad in the winter, but even then we hear New York is usally worse than us, and we are supposed to be the great white north, go figure lol

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Yup, Im in Texas too, and its flooding everywhere around us. We live on water, but luckily, the water hasn't risen very much. There have been loads of stuck cars, and a grocery store roof fell in, not good. Its supposedly a result of Tropical Storm 'Erin" and 'Dean' is supposed to do worse.

Bear Bear

Cavy Slave
I'll be thinking of you all. I know exactly what you've been going through as my week was filled with 3 seperate natural disaster warnings. Thankfully, none were serious.

Weather is really unpredictable. All you can reallydo is prepare for the worst. Erin and Dean need to go away like Flossie did!

Intersting note: Flossie is supposedly a nickname for Florence (according to the news guy). I always thought it was Flo..

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Man up here it has been super nice. We have some rain right now but today it was beautiful. But I hope everything is going ok down there and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Our weather here is nothing short of miserable lately, so I can relate somewhat. Our temp has been 105 for 2 weeks now, 115 with humidity factored in. We are in a drought, everything is dead, burn bans are in place, and 7 people have died in Memphis in the last week alone from the heat. A local judge just placed a ban on all our school systems....restricting any and all outdoor activities of any type...including recess. If it doesn't cool off and rain soon I swear I am going to lose my mind. :-/ I am officially ready for the dead of winter!
Hope you all are doing well, and not getting pounded too much with storms. Hopefully it isn't lingering around in any one area for too long at a time.

TwoOfaKind

Cavy Slave
Wicked - I'm in Houston as well (I think I had msg you about that?)

The rain has been on and off all day - supposed to get bad here within a couple of days. They say stock up on water and keep your gas tank full.

Speaking of flooding - my roof leaked and now there are nice water stains down my walls (insert sarcasm here)

Luckily the condo complex is responsible for repairs since the roof is not my responsibility -

Look at my house :sad: :grumpy:

Boo :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.