Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Poops look pinched?

filchikmcr

Cavy Slave
I've noticed recently that my pigs' poop looks pinched on the end. What could be causing this? Other than that, their poop looks normal, it's not squishy or anything. Also they are pooping the same amount as they usually do. Both my pigs seem fine other than that, they're eating normally, drinking normally, etc. Any ideas?

As for their diet, in case this helps, I feed 1/8 cup of oxbow pellets per pig, per day. I give them green leaf lettuce/romaine lettuce, green bell peppers, and cilantro every day, and rotate other veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, tomato, green beans, celery leaves every once in a while.

gonna bump this up

Boys or girls?

Both girls.

Are you sure they just haven't been stepping on them? Or nibbled on? I saw my guinea pig eat her own poop just today...and it wasn't a cecal-poop. Just a regular one.

I haven't seen them nibbling on them. I suppose they could be stepping on them, but it doesn't look like poo that's been stepped on, like it's not squashed or anything, and almost all of their poop is like that. It just looks like a normal poop, but it tapers off at the end like it's been pinched.

Are they pooping a normal amount? I've heard that if they get a little constipated they pinch off at the end like that. But mostly I've heard about that in boars... But sows can get constipated too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.