Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggie That Think He's a Ferret

Teslithia

Cavy Slave
So, Mellow has developed a new trend. He likes to climb on things. When I take him out, he's climbing all over everything he can get to. He doesn't sleep inside of his wooden hidey house, but rather on top of it. When he sits on it, he poses like he's in Forbes magazine or something. -_- I'm just wondering if this is normal. He seems to love jumping down from his house & running around in his tunnels & then hopping back up again, all the while making happy noises. I'm wondering if he's reincarnated, hee hee.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
That's so cute! One of my piggies, Feria, is quite the climber and jumper. She gets on top of the houses that all the other piggies can't reach, and she likes to stand on her hind legs when she wants food. I think it's just a personality thing. I would love to see a video! lol

JarBax

Cavy Slave
When my pigs were younger, they were more 'jumpy'! They used to prefer it ontop of their fiddlesticks, rather than under them! I made half levels for them - but once they prefered going under them, I used hideys instead (cleaning out underneath wasn't so easy!) I still have a 'bunk' which I made from two bent grids. It is used a lot - for travelling through/getting away from the others/sleeping in. Maybe you could make something similar (there are pics of it in my gallery somewhere!)

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't label any of my pigs as climbers, but all 4 boars prefer the tops of their houses over being inside of them. I thought maybe it was because they don't like laying on the shavings, so when I cleaned the cage yesterday I placed double layered fleece under each hidey house......... this morning I went in to find all 4 pigs on top of their houses again. I guess they like the view better from up there.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
One of my girls- Daphne- climbed to the top of a 2ft bathtub, trying to escape.. The other- Delilah- can jump more than 6in over things, and she chooses to jump rather than use the opening I cut out for her in the litterbox.. Silly pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.