Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Pet camera location in cage

Helen.k

Cavy Gazer
Hi, I'm planning to get 1 pet cam to monitor my piggies, but I have no idea where should this camera located at, like inside cage or above cage?

Can anyone share me photos of your camera setup for reference? =)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My camera is outside of the cage on a table, looking over most of it. I can't post pics right now as I'm leaving for work, but I can probably post tonight.

I would avoid placing the camera in the cage itself, to prevent the camera or wiring being chewed.

Helen.k

Cavy Gazer
My camera is outside of the cage on a table, looking over most of it. I can't post pics right now as I'm leaving for work, but I can probably post tonight.

I would avoid placing the camera in the cage itself, to prevent the camera or wiring being chewed.
Alright noted on your points, will wait for your pictures =)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My work schedule abruptly changed right before my shift started and I don't start now until 2pm, so I was able to take a couple of screen grabs for you.

I have two cameras, one at each end of the cage. One is on top of their "cage" part, and the other is outside the cage looking down. They cannot get to either camera nor can they chew any wiring.

Screenshot_20220726-091615_Vimtag.jpg

Screenshot_20220726-091731_Wansview.jpg

Helen.k

Cavy Gazer
My work schedule abruptly changed right before my shift started and I don't start now until 2pm, so I was able to take a couple of screen grabs for you.

I have two cameras, one at each end of the cage. One is on top of their "cage" part, and the other is outside the cage looking down. They cannot get to either camera nor can they chew any wiring.

View attachment 110058

View attachment 110059

Cool! Thanks for the pictures, good view of the cameras by the way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.