Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Treats Peckish Treat Dental 150g- Are they okay for guinea pigs?

guineaapigg

Cavy Slave
I found this product; Peckish Treat Dental 150g on Amazon and seemed like they would make good treats for my guinea pigs. However, they don't have many reviews online so I wanted more opinions regarding whether this item is okay.
The ingredients are; Rice Flour, wheat, tapioca, glycerol, Sorbitol, canola oil, salt, citric acid, carotene, annato extract and potassium sorbate!
Thank you :)

Every single thing in those sounds like absolute garbage. I wouldn't feed them to my pigs.

The absolute best treats you can feed your pigs are fresh veggies in moderation from the safe veggie list.

You can also give guinea pigs fruits! My guinea pigs LOVE apples, I always give them a little slice each morning. :)

you can also bake safe guinea pig treats to help grind down their teeth. I just grab a blender and blend up some guinea pig pellets and hay until it forms a powder. This is a great opportunity to use the little bits of hay at the bottom of the hay box. Once it forms a powder, then I mix it with mashed up banana, carrots, or applesauce. Basically any piggy safe fruit or veggie that will hold the treats together. Once it forms a mixture that can hold the shape of treats, I use a cookie cutter and cut little penny sized guinea pig treats. Then I bake the cookies in the oven at about 300 degrees F until the treats are dry and hard, (usually about 45 minutes.) You might want to turn the oven off and just leave the treats in the oven for a few hours to really get them to dry up. My rabbit and guinea pigs love munching on a baked treat each morning while I sweep up their cages.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.