Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Not Enough!

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
I'm pretty stumped on this.We just got a C&C a few weeks ago and we love it...until now! Well, I still love it but we're facing a big problem. Arlo is a VERY big boy. The vet said he was 4 1/2 lbs, close to 5lbs (but said he was healthy as a horse, just really big!) Being the normal boy he is, he keeps gnawing on the cage because he think he can get to the girls (we have a small place so the cages are close to each other). Well, Arlo can lift up the boys cage, and pretty easily I might add. He hasn't figure out how to get under yet, as it immediatley falls when he tries, but the other little guys can. I have no idea what to do. I also don't know how he got this big! I follow Ly's charts as best as possible and even modifed my meals a bit to put him on a diet. Before that, he got the same as everyone else, and none of them are even close to his size. It's pretty bad that he's that size, and my son when he was born was 7lbs! Only a 2 1/2 lbs difference!

Can you extend the grids so they go under the coroplast? So its more of a box than a fence? That way he'd have to lift the grids, coroplast and his own weight to get it off the ground.

I'd have to go out and get more grids to do that. I don't have the coloplast, just the grids. We just have a board which we put the blankets and stuf over and tuck it under the board and then the grids go around it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Do you have enough fleece to go up the sides of the cage a bit? You could clip it with binder clips and then he wouldn't be able to get to the bottom of the grids to lift them. I have my fleece attached to my coroplast with binder clips and find it's easy and my piggies can't get under the fleece. Hope this helps :eek:ptimist:

Am I the only one wanting to see pics of the mini moose? (Said with love and respect of course ❤️)

Am I the only one wanting to see pics of the mini moose? (Said with love and respect of course ❤️)

I agree!! Are you able to post photos of him? I would love to see how big he is. :cheerful:

Yeah I'd love to see him too. My Spike is nearly 3 pounds and she looks huge to me!! :)

Haha, more like mini Elephant! I don't have any on my computer here at the moment(we just had to reboot the silly thing), but when I get them back, I will do that. I guess I'll have to take a few new ones as I only have oldies, and I know they won't do justice!!

There is some old ones on my profile page i just remembered, but as I said, their old. He's the big black one with white etching on his back (he's a roan, my boyfriend says he's sporting the salt and pepper/older man look lol). Mack trucks have competition now, as it takes a bull-dozer to move him lol.

Dang. I've only ever had two that big!

Actually photos of your cage situation would be good, too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.