Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to the forums, Hello!

Koalalovespigs

Cavy Slave
As the title implies, I'm new to these forums. Just joined today in fact! It seems this is a nice community here and I've caught myself browsing forum posts more than once, so I decided to join.

At the moment I am currently lacking any piggies in my house, but that's to be changed in hopefully a few short wheeks! My birthday is coming up on the twenty first, and to celebrate my SO and I have decided that we've been without piggies long enough, so we're going to look into getting a small group. My parents always had guinea pigs when I was a girl, so it's actually unusual for me not to have any, but I'll admit, I've never before had a c&c cage. We're breathlessly waiting on one to arrive, probably monday, and then we can put the finishing touches on our guinea pig room, yay!

I'd prefer to get sows, as I'm a little worried about boars, and would prefer to have at LEAST two guinea pigs paired up. The cage will be 2x6 to start with, though we're home all day so they'll get plenty of play time outside the cage and lots of snuggles whenever they want! As for why I'm worried about boars, I've had two in the past caged together, and jack jack (around three pounds!) was constantly picking on roman, who was a fair deal smaller then him at two..

Our last standing guinea was a abby called lacey, who had half an extra toe, and was a lovely tan and white coloration. She was sweet as sugar though, and the day she passed was a very emotional one, but she had a long happy life. I've only ever personally owned american shorthairs and abbys however, though my father owned a silkie named henry.

Anyway, that's a lot of prattling :crazy: and should tell you plenty about us! I'm, as you can probably tell, really excited to be part of this forum, and hope to get to know you all as well!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You've definitely came to the right place. Remember adopt don't shop.

hello and welcome to the forums :d

Thanks for the welcome! And...
Yeah, most likely I'll head up to the big shelter in Saint Louis and check there first.. I'd never buy piggies from pet stores, especially like petco or petsmart! They don't treat their animals right.

Also a 2x6 cage is plenty big enough for females. You can find the cage requirements on the main page.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with the big cage and the adoption process!

Welcome, I can't wait to read your progress through your posts!

Welcome to the forum! I'm Stephanie and its nice to meet you. I have two girls; Princess Penelope and Miss Maybelline. :)

I'm so happy we get to be apart of this journey with you! If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask, we are all happy to help you where we can! :)

Hey, and Welcome!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.