Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C New C&C cage

Isawilson65

Cavy Slave
Do any of you build your cage one day, look at it and realize I want to change it around?? LOL!

I spent a good part of yesterday build my first C&C cage(2x4 2 lvl) for my 2 girls. After looking at it this morning, I realize I want the top to be the kitchen and the bottom their "main" area. Plus Im going to expand the bottom 2x5. I may even go to a 3x5.

Am I nuts? OCD? LOL

Nope, your not nuts at all, I think we all do it. When I first got my pigs, I had two, and they were in a 2x5, then I wanted more room for them, since I don't really agree that the cage they had was big enough, so I made a 3x7 with a 2x3 connection, then I added a loft, and I'm thinking of building another 3x7 connection to it. xD

I have lost count how many times I have rebuilt mine. ;)

I have re-built my cage 3 times in the past 7 months!

I seem to expand more and more.. Now working on plans for a "u" shape upper level with plexiglass.. Oh the things we do for our furry friends :) New C&C cage

It is so funny, we are always looking for bigger, better, prettier, etc!

I had my pigs in a 2x4 for TWO weeks before I decided it was too small. I have since upgraded to a 2x7. I plan to still add lofts and if I can rearrange my room to fit then I would of course expand out again :D I want to add a 2x3 loft extension to one end, but I don't want it to cover the cage.

Maybe I should buy stock in those cable ties and those crate thingies LOL

I am doing the same thing, even though I have already said this last time I wont be doing it again. lol. I just keep looking at it and thinking "there is not enough room in there" even though its a 2x4 which is ok for two pigs. But I want to add a second complete level and a loft on that for their kitchen. I actually would love to make it longer like 2x8 or something like that but just don't have the room to expand out so that's why I wanna go up. My pigs love their cage but I just don't think its enough room and I want them to be deliriously happy piggies. Just looking out for some more grids, they are in short supply around here....

But I have redone my cage 3 times already now after moving them into the C&C.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.