Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Names for the New Little One

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Alright, Friday in a moment of weakness I bought a little female piggy. I know the views on pet stores and I normally share them, but I melted when I had a chance to hold the little girl. Hence, the moment of weakness part. The point is: the deed was done, she's here, and I'm not taking her back. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, and she's definitely in the three-week quarantine.

Onto the real purpose of this thread, finding a name for the little one and here she is:
Names for the New Little OneNames for the New Little One
So far I've noticed that she's vocal, a real sweetheart when you hold her, and really active as any healthy youngster should be. She loves her lettuce and carrots, and is getting used to the taste of bits of bell pepper. I gave her some celery (strings removed as best I could) since it looked to have a higher amount of calcium, she's on timothy hay (and making a mess of it as you can see, not that I mind) and alfalfa-based pellets. I had to baby-proof the cage after realizing she could fit her head through.

After the quarantine I plan on introducing her to my approx. 1 year old female, Momo, who has been on her own since I got her.

I've been trying to think of names that go with Momo, so far I've got:
Yachiru (Yachiru and Momo are characters in the anime Bleach)
Cheri or Cherokee (From Cherokee Rose, the GA state flower since Momo means "peach" and Momo was originally called Moe)
Lettuce, Bridgett, or Midori (From Tokyo Mew Mew, shares a voice actor with Momo Hinamori and the little one really seems to love her lettuce :))
Appa or Katara (Avatar: the Last Airbender, since Momo was the lemur)
Danny (Daniel was Momo's companion in Ballad of a Shinigami)

Names that don't exactly fit with Momo but might work:
Ziggy (Zigzagoon a brown and white pokemon with hair going in different directions)
Abby (She appears to be an Abyssinian, also Abby is one of my favorite characters from NCIS)

If anyone has any suggestions for names or comments on these, please share.

I like Abby, also a fan of NCIS! She also reminds me of a Cameo, one with the black background and white etching.

i like ZIGGY!

I got both my piggies at Petco (before i knew how bad it was) but they both are fine I've had them since march and one since april and the only health problem they've had is mites. I realize how lucky i was getting good piggies that were not dying like so many of the other animals but i now like i was recusing them from petco and that really small cage and awful food. I couldnt even imagine any other piggies but I'm not ashamed i bought them from Petco because they are like the best thing in my life (not to get all over emotional :) ) But my next piggies will be from a shelter or a rescue i got lucky twice dont want to risk it

but i think that you should name it Cheri - its kind cute - peach is really cute too i havent heard of a piggie named peach -

Cameo sounds pretty. I've also received the suggestion of Choco/Choko. It's the shortened form of chocolate in japanese, but it simply makes me think of Chocobo from the Final Fantasy games.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.