Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Outdoor Run

AliceTittle

Cavy Slave
Heya,

This is my run that the piggies go out in when it's sunny. My dad made it for me, and I put a peice of spare coroplast so they can have some shade. Does it look ok?

My Outdoor Run

I think it looks good. Solid, no gaps, secure lid, shaded area. The only other thing I could suggest is adding a couple of hidey toys, if you don't already - maybe a cardboard box or travel carrier where they can escape if they get scared. Good work.

Ditto to what CCC said. It looks like a lovely place to play. In addition to a couple of hding places, I would also add a water bottle or two. I know I always want something to drink when I'm running around outside, and it's never a good idea to leave an animal without a source of water.

They had a water bottle on the other side underneath the coroplast, but I'll add a couple of hiding places in! Thankyou!

Ahh! I should have figured the water bottle was in hiding. Looks like a fun place to hang out.

Hehe, they sem to like it. Yeah, I put it there to try and keep it a bit in the shade so it didn't get to warm. Probably a stupid idea but never mind!

Keeping them cool is a good thing.
It looks like my grid outdoor run. Except yours is cooler... and more rectangular.

Wow, I totally want to make one! I have a narrow backyard in the side of my condo, and right now it's not being used for anything because it's too small to really go out and relax. I recently decided that it would be a perfect spot for a guinea pig run. I like your model, so I'd like to make one like yours, but narrower and a little longer. Did the materials cost a lot? How did your dad bind the wire to the wood frame? Did you also happen to have other shots of the run at different angles? If not, it's ok! I just wanted to see how he did it!

I'll try and get some pics to explain a bit better.

I got the materials from the local DIY store, and it didn't cost much at all. It came to about £15 at the most, which is around $30. The mesh stuff is nailed onto the wood, but I'll get a pic to explain better.

Did your dad use a special gun to attach the mesh to the wood? Like one of those staple-like nails?

Nope, just your bog standard hammer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.