Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My name is sue how do you do?

Susie

Cavy Slave
I have three pigs 1 male, "Cosmo" (his head hair is like Kramer on Seinfeld), and two females, "Zsa-Zsa" and "Ava" (the Gabor sisters). I call Cosmo my "little dog with no legs" because he's so friendly, outgoing and has personality plus!:D The two females are newer--we're still getting aquainted. I also have a chinchilla, "Ricochet" and a hamster, "Dolly". I got into this after 20 years with no pets. I had a siamese cat for twenty years and planned on getting another cat. I'm a teacher, and it took a while to convince my husband, so by the time he gave the OK, I was heading back to school and I did'nt think it wise to get a kitten and then leave it alone all day. I lost my soul mate sister to cancer last April and for some reason I had a strong pull toward getting another pet. As I was gazing longinly at the cats in a pet shop, Cosmo caught my eye and I remembered what fun I had with my wonderful childhood pig. Plus he was on sale, only $9.99 (he was getting older--4 months and apparently they wanted him to move on.) When I asked how old he was, they brought out his papers and he was born on the day my sister passed. I had a good laugh with her playing this joke on me as if I would think she was reincarnated into a guinea pig (I speak to her often, she makes me feel her presence all the time--but I digress). Well the rest is history. I got Cosmo on the spot and Ricochet about a month later. Then came Dolly, and now the two cuties just this week. I am happy I found this site. I am hooked on small animals (but I MUST stop now!) They make me happy and my husband calls it my little zoo. So long!

Welcome to the forum

What a wonderful story and coincidence, welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum. What a wonderful story. Pictures when you can! We love pictures here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.