Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay My First KM Hay Order Arrived! Yay!

I actually got my first shipment of KMs pellet & hay, and the bluegrass and timothy hay are so soft, and smells sooo good. My cats are also freaking out about it for some reason... haha. My pigs were on the Oxbow diet since I've had them, but I decided to get KM to not be pet store dependent. I'm reallly happy with my purchase even with the 20 dollar shipping cost, and all this pellet and hay should last for at least a month between 4 pigs! woohoo saving money!

Question.. I order for the first time sunday from KM's. I got 5lbs bluegrass, 10lbs pellets and 25lbs Timothy hay. I just realized that 25lbs is going be pretty big, huh? Before this I ordered 5lbs from a farmer on ebay and before that it was always those little bags of kaytee's. Can someone tell me how much is 25lbs and any storage ideas!! lol Thanks!! :crazy:

Question.. I order for the first time sunday from KM's. I got 5lbs bluegrass, 10lbs pellets and 25lbs Timothy hay. I just realized that 25lbs is going be pretty big, huh? Before this I ordered 5lbs from a farmer on ebay and before that it was always those little bags of kaytee's. Can someone tell me how much is 25lbs and any storage ideas!! lol Thanks!! :crazy:

So basically you just ordered 30 lbs of grass hay, You can store it in the box that your order comes in but you will need to remove it from the bags. You can also store it in a big plastic container as long as you drill holes in the sides and some breathing holes in the lid to so that the hay doesn't turn to mush from the moisture and it not being able to breath. I ordered 30lbs of grass hay and I am using the box and a really big plastic container that I drilled holes in to store the hay. The box is sitting next to the cage and the plastic container was able to slide under the cage with a little sticking out for underneath.

OH MY.. yes I guess I did order 30lbs!! Goodness! My cage is on a table so I do have room under it, I rather not use the box, I guess when it gets here I be at the store buying a big container.

Question... So as long as the hay gets a good amount of breathing room, so to say, thats good!
See I ASSUMED I probably need to seal it up to keep it fresh, like you would human food!! So much to learn! :melodrama

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.