Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Photos Meet my new baby girl!

Hello,

Just a question, how do I start a thread on this forum? Please answer.

- Lucas

She is adorable!

congratulations on your new baby girl,she is beautiful i love her color, how about caramel that's what she looks like., have fun with her,i have a girl piggy and i absolutely love her.:)

Thank you all. I think she's pretty adorable myself :) I'm still not dead set on the name, but my 5 year old is insisting it's Priscilla. Haha. .
Anyway, Sunday will be 2 weeks in quarantine, is that long enough that I can begin introductions? (Going to search forum now, but thought I'd ask while here)

Quarantine is 3 weeks.

Maybe Lily or Jasmine? Hmm, you're not from Canada so I don't know about the hockey theme... I was thinking Gretel (closest thing to Gretzky) :p Maybe Harlow? Kinda looks like a Harlow to me.

My son is a HUGE Blackhawks fan. There are huge hockey fans here in the states.

How about Puck, Butterfly, Goalie, Jill, Rink, Hip Check, Waffle, Winger, Blocker, Dasher? All hockey terms....

You could name her Julie after Julie "The Cat" Gaffney from the Mighty Ducks movies if you're still want to go with a hockey name. I like Priscilla too though! I named my boys after two of my favorite video game characters because I'm a gamer girl.;)

Quarantine is 3 weeks.
Ok, one more week it is. :/ so hard to wait because I hate her being all alone in the pet store cage. I'm also adding a loft to my 2 x 5 to give them a little more space to get away from each other since there will be 3. I have a feeling I'll eventually end up with 4 because I love them so and they are kind of addicting ;)

As for names? Rinky is kinda cute. Most of the hockey related names I come up with or have seen aren't very girly sounding. Hmm... maybe Sidney? Haha. I have already used Hattie, Lady Byng, Icing..

Oh! maybe Biscuit..

My son is a HUGE Blackhawks fan. There are huge hockey fans here in the states.
My husband is from Canada (Montreal) and we are huge Hockey fans as well as both play in adult leagues.

I personally love human names for pets. My girls are Margaret, Gretchen, Penelope and Olive.

I think Priscilla is a great name but since your other girls are Cocoa and Peppermint I would stick with that theme. Maybe Mocha, Honey, Toffee, Caramel, Fudge, or Maple. I actually think Maple is a super cute name for her, it's not hockey themed but it does have ties to Canada!

It's your choice though, good luck with the introductions, I hope everything goes well and they get along great! It's hard resist guinea pigs, I started with 2 then I adopted a 3rd but they unfortunately didn't get along so I ended up adopting a 4th so I have 2 pairs now :)

Oh..I like Maple. :)

I have a Daisy and a Lily!
She's adorable, congrats on the new addition! I love Daisy for her, I also like Azalea or Lily (sticking with a flower theme, lol).

Congrats on the new piggie! Not sure what name you ended up with, but I also think Maple is cute. I love how friendly she is with you in the pictures after just bringing her home. Enjoy her!

How cute is she! I really like Maple for her :)

Congratulations on your new little girl! She is absolutely precious, and I bet she is very happy to be out of the shelter and away from all the kitties!

I think Priscilla is pretty. If you choose to stick with the candy theme, you could go with Marshmallow (Marsi for short), Butterscotch, or Brownie.

Or if you choose to stray from that theme, I have always thought Winter, Lexi, Trixie, and Vixie were all really cute names.

EDIT: Just saw I was a little late to the party apparently, as you called her Maple in your other post. I like the name Maple too! :)

I think she looks like a Rosemary to me. Congratulations on your new addition, and thank you for adopting!

So sweet! Maybe Maggie for a name?

Haha, yes. We've named her Maple ands she is still doing great. She's such a sweetheart :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.