Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Male/female

Magnolia

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I have 2 boys and recently took in 2 females. The females are in the same room but across the room. One of my males seems to be wheeking and acting a little different. Can they smell the females in the room? He is not hurt but he seems to be going to the end of the cage and wheeking really loud.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I don't know for sure, but I've read a lot on here and other forums that adding a girl when there's boars around can cause trouble w/ the boars. It's likely they could know the girls are there, especially if they go into heat. Do you have another room?

Magnolia

Cavy Slave
I ended up moving the girls to my other room. The boys are in my home office so I'm in the room with them all day. My one male was still a bit vocal today but not like when I had the girls in here. I am in my 40s and have never had guinea pigs until now and I just want to make sure he is ok. He was wheeking super loud yesterday and I checked him and he seems ok. But since I had the girls in here he will shoot out of his little hide out and dash into his hay area and make little small wheeks and little noises as he eats. He does share a space with my other male and I am trying to figure out if he is just happy or if he is upset. I just want to make sure he is ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.