Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Just Added A Kitchen

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
Hey, all.

We just added a kitchen for our two boys, Felix & Patch. I'm going to be going into a local used discount furniture store on payday and replacing what we currently have that's supporting the kitchen area, as it is not level with the main part of their cage. (The kitchen area is made out of their old pet shop cage.) They do have a ramp, which for some reason they ignore and prefer to just climb over instead of using the ramp. I also am going to be modifying the grid portion that borders their main coroplast cage. Any other suggestions? Let me see if I can remember how to upload photos into here:

I like what you did with the cage! It looks really nice.

The pigs are probably still getting used to the idea of the ramp. And if they prefer to just climb over, you could put some large stones covered with a cloth as a sort of "step."

I would think if you used a heavy duty saw-type tool, you could cut a hole for them to enter the kitchen area. You'd have to sand down the sharp edges, too.

Nice job!

Wow thats pretty cool. HOw many square feet/piggies? I wouldnt worry about the ramp. I purposefully added coroplast that my piggies had to "jump" over to get to their kitchen. Its good exercise when they are running (and it helps keep carefresh in the kitchen).
I would take the grids out of the petstore cage and put them outside of it. It will give a little more space. Is there a space in between the cage and the PS cage?

Thanks, guys!

No, there's no space between them. They're right up next to each other and I have the grids connected in there.

Yeah, the boys are neglecting the climbing apparatus and instead are opting just to hop over. *sigh* whatever makes them happy!

Yeah, the pigs can't really avoid the ramp to the upper level, but I guess with your cage they'd rather jump over. Which is weird, because you'd think they'd be able to hoist their chubby bodies up and over with a ramp more easily.

Whatever floats their boat, I guess! Hehe.

Wow thats pretty cool. HOw many square feet/piggies? I wouldnt worry about the ramp. I purposefully added coroplast that my piggies had to "jump" over to get to their kitchen. Its good exercise when they are running (and it helps keep carefresh in the kitchen).
I would take the grids out of the petstore cage and put them outside of it. It will give a little more space. Is there a space in between the cage and the PS cage?

Ayyyie, I'm not sure about square-footage, but the regular cage area is 2 X 6 and their kitchen area is 2 X 2 approximately. Only two piggies. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.