Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Is this chew thing okay for gp's?

Krystaleb97

Cavy Slave
My new guinea pig likes to chew on things so i decided id go get chew toys for him and found this. Wondering if its okay?

(broken link removed)

My sister was able to chip off a piece with her nail

That page has 24 items on it, so I don't know which one you're talking about. But I don't see anything chewable on there that I'd give my guinea pigs. You could try some apple or willow twigs. They may or may not work -- my pigs pay no attention whatsoever to them.

Is this chew thing okay for gp's?Oh oops! Let me find the right link lol thank you for saying so!
edit: the link messes up when i post it, so theres just the picture of what it is

Last edited:
No! I would definitely not give that to my boys

Yeah no haha I wouldn't give that to my girls either. The best chews are things like all natural wood, willow twigs, apple wood sticks, dried corn husk and obviously things made out of hay. :)

No, I wouldn't use it. Guinea pigs don't need anything to keep their front teeth ground down -- the chewing motion of their molars does that. In fact, often one of the first clues that something is wrong with the molars is uneven front teeth.

I doubt they would be interested in chewing on a rock anyway.

After you all said no i examined it further and realized it was hot glued together so yeah im not giving it to my piggies. Ill return it later

Yeah that didn't seem to good for piggies to eat, hot glue my god how could people think that could be healthy good thing you saw that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.