Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

is this a breeder?

cinnyminny

Cavy Slave
I've been on the lookout to get a friend for my piggie...and I obviously want to adopt or rehome off of craigs list. I found this listing today, and its suspiciously looks like a breeder. Any second opinions?

(broken link removed)

It doesn't seem like a breeder to me. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't think so, either. I mean, it's hard to tell online. You could always check it out and then decide if you want to take one of the pigs. If you get there and it turns out to be a breeder, just say you've reconsidered and don't plan on getting one. But in my personal opinion, I don't think they are a breeder. *shrug*

Sounds more like a foster house.

ok i've been looking through the pet ads in my area from the past couple of days. There are several ads that all seem to be from this person. One from last week says "10 teddy bear hamsters $3 each, came from my vet who fostered a pregnant hamster" and then one for 5 guinea's that came from a local rescue, and then the one that I posted above. All within a week of each other. I guess I'm just more skeptical than others.

Hmm. That seems a little suspicious to me. I mean, anyone could just lie and say that they got them at a rescue, or got them from a vet. I would go check it out and see what's really up. Maybe they are a breeder, maybe not. It is very hard to tell over the computer rather than in person.

I'm not sure, one way to tell though may be if they are saying they are fosters or rescues, ask where from and then call or drop by the shelter or vets office to varify that they did indeed rescue/foster them and are not breeding them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.