Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage I Found A Temporary Fix For Vacationing Pigs

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
Hey all.

I was in here a little while back and had asked for advice about what to temporarily house my two boys in while my boyfriend and I were on vacation and they were staying with their Auntie for that time.

I ended up finding one of those kiddie pools from Wal-Mart, (the hard, vintage plastic ones most of us from the 80s/early 90s had as kids) and I think it's going to work out. I just need some suggestions as to how to make it entirely escape-proof. The walls look high enough, but my younger boy Patch is a bit of a rascal and I fear he might try and climb out of it. Any suggestions for what I can do to ensure it's safe enough? I might be able to get some grids and position them outside of the pool, but then again, it's circular and I'm wondering how well that's actually going to pan out. Any ideas?

Also one other question...what sort of table or stand do you think would accomodate a kiddie-sized pool? I don't have a photo of it, I'm afraid, and even eyeballing a size would be hard because circles + circumferences + never took geometry = Stupid Me. Just looking for some more ideas.

I took geometry and still couldn't tell you. What about just using zip ties to join the cube at 2 points along the side of the cubes, leaving them flexible like the piggie play pens. Then just wrap them around the outsde edge of the pool and secure with another zip tie. That would increase the height of the walls to 14". Or, if the side of the pool are high enough, use binder clips to secure window screen over the top. As for the table size, just measure across the pool at the middle for the diameter and a table top that size should work. Perhaps a card table?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.