Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am annoyed why dont they have more piggy stuff in stores?

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
It seems like it is too easy to find stuff for bunnies, but quality stuff for piggies seems like a project. You go to tractor and supply or the petstore they have books and mags on every animal except piggies. There is only one mag for who own piggies for the love why dont they have more.

:mad:I know! I am always hunting for GP items! But there is rabbit stuff everywhere!

I found a really cute guinea pig plush at our humane society! It's name is Carlisle and he is one of my co-pilots in my car :). I also found a guinea pig puzzle unexpectantly! It was in this store for wild birds, and I saw it and had to have it. I may have it framed on my wall above the cage... But we totally need more guinea pig things in stores! They have the Guinea Pig from the Wonder Pets in the toddler sections and she is pretty adorable!

you know that the mag i am talking about is all the way in europe? I am in the us that would be a fortune

Our local pet store has ZERO guinea pig items, I have to order them online or drive 30 miles to a bigger pet store...:mad:

I have a pigie plush toy, and a piggie calender XD I dont know where i got the plush toy from but i got the calander from a calender store in a amll. My boyfriend got it for me because he knew i <3 pigs and there the way to my hart haha

I have a few guinea pig stuffed animals and many books but that is it! I would love to get a guinea pig signs or posters for my guinea pig room but i can't seem to find any! I have my sister and parents on the lookout for some whenever they go traveling! I have them trained well hahah

Where i live you cant get much for piggies and its even harder to buy a healthy piggie. your better off buying from a breeder and travelling 5 hours away for it then the shops around here. Makes looking for a healthy female hard for me. They have barely any toys and such in the pet stores.

i almost never buy ANY supplies in petstores, especially those that sell live animals. i find ordering on-line MUCh easier and often much cheaper too!! there are tons of good sites - amazom to name one.

well as for piggy toys I like the ones made for ferrets because they have lots of entrances
and I dont do online the shipping will kill you. I just wish it was easier to find stuff for piggies
they have stuff like books and mags for rabbits and horses everywhere you look. I wasnt looking for imformational books just like hobby books that regular owners might want to look at.

you can find a lot of stuff on amazon for guinea pigs. i'm an amazon prime member so i get free 2-day shipping on just about everything i buy from there. amazon prime is normally $79/year but if you're a student you can get it for $39/year for 4 years. and honestly, its already paid for itself in the amount of shipping costs i've saved (because i literally buy everything offline). we don't have much for pet stores around here and everything they have is just crappy stuff the pigs don't even play with. we make a lot of our our stuff (huts/ramps/cages/etc) and even though it may cost just as much, at least it fits our needs better and is stuff the pigs actually like/use :) just a few different routes for consideration

so you pay for the membership ahead of time?

My local petsmart has a TON of stuff for piggies.

greenbean, problem with that not everyone has a petsmart and not everyone likes petsmart.
I have a petco and a tractor and supply. Petco does not have quality piggie pellets but they have good toys and tractor and supply has almost nothing for piggies. But they both have mags bunnies but no piggies.

yes, with amazon prime, you pay for the membership (which lasts for a year) and then you can get free 2-day shipping on pretty much everything. (and upgrade to 1-day shipping for only $3.99) my prime membership has seriously paid for itself. and if you watch tv/videos, you can watch a lot of newer tv series and movies for free with prime too. i've saved a lot in shipping costs with amazon. but i guess it depends on what you buy and such :)

I find not all petsmarts are created equal, I travel an hour to one that is way better then. Any in my area.

OH THANK GOD i thought i was the only one who was getting frustrated about not finding any gp toys lol

I have pretty much decided everything I get for my piggy I am either going to have to make it, or order on-line. Its sad really. So many piggies so little love, but not here! :D

I have a petsmart that is a 5 minute drive from my house. They have tons of stuff there. Of course, I hate supporting petsmart so I drive 5 minutes in the other direction to buy oxbow food and hay from a different pet store. Unfortantly , if I want a cuddle cup or cozy, I have to go to pet smart.

I like to shop around on Amazon because alot of thier stuff qualifys for 'free super saver shipping' without being a member or anything. I'd rather wait a day or so longer for it then pay $10 to get to my house.

Also Drs. Foster and Smith has alot of things.. they do free shipping on orders over $50 I think. If you buy pellets/hay like I did in bulk then adding the toys etc adds no more shipping cost to your order!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.