Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hurricane Gustov

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
Look after yourself VJ and take care.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
Take care VJ. If you are heading toward Texas and need a place to stay, give me a hollar. We will probably get some of the surge but not near as much since we are North of Houston.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
All the best Elly, will be thinking of you.

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Good luck VJ, Haley, and anyone else affected. I really really hope you guys are going to be okay. Take care of yourselves.

VJ, it must be super hard for you to experience the hurricane and then get back to rescuing all the poor animals left behind. I wish you luck with that, but do concentrate on keeping yourselves safe first.

I'll be thinking of you all. Keep us updated if you can! :hug:

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Just to update. I'm fine and so are all of the animals. It's rainy and gusty here in Mississippi but nothing bad at all.

Reports from neighbors of mine that stayed behind is that my neighborhood is not flooding and we only have minor wind damage. The Industrial Canal is over-topping some on the West side (my side) but it shouldn't cause much of an issue.

We'll know more in ~24 hours. Either the levees will hold and the water recedes or they breach and the city partially drowns again (but not as bad a Katrina). Either way my home should be fine. and in the best case scenario we should be able to go home Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks for all of the good thoughts and well wishes!

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
Best of luck VJ!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You and your family and all the furries (and non-furries) have been in my thoughts for days now and will continue to be in my thoughts.

Take care my dear friend Elly. Give Meg a kiss from her grandmomma.

Glad everyone is safe.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
VJ and all that are in that area. I have been worried and praying for you all. I haven't been able to get to a computor until now. VJ that is good news about your home. Do all stay safe and may you all be able to return home soon.
I am so sorry to hear people are still not being responsible for their animals. It just sickens my heart to think of the animals all thru that area that are lost and wandering around . VJ Let us know as soon as we can do something to help. In the meantime, prayers good thoughts for all of you and the animals.

JennG

Cavy Slave
VJ, Just sending good thoughts & prayers your way. We just got back from a family reunion down in Little Rock, Arkansas. There were alot of folks who were checking in as of Saturday fleeing Gustav. Many of which had their pets which was a very good sign! Hopefully there won't be too many animals that are in need when you return. Take care!!

spiffykidd

Cavy Slave
Good luck with the whole fiasco and I hope everything doesn't go so bad.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
I don't know how it was in your part of the world VJ, but it was mostly a glorified thunderstorm here...minus the thunder and lightening! I'm glad it's over with though and everyone can relax a little.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Just a quick note since I'm exhausted.

I'm home as of this morning. All of the animals are fine and settled back in. we are one of the lucky ones with power, water/sewerage, phone internet. Not much damage to our property--mostly just clean-up and minor repairs (that I see so far).

Haley, you are lucky. It was far more then a glorified thunderstorm here. The pictures of the water topping the levees you may have seen on the T.V. are only about 10 blocks from me. Areas outside the city are pretty badly off. Many of my neighbors are without power and there are watermains broken all over my neighborhood. Trees are down and some houses are pretty battered. As always though, we will rebuild and pull together as a community to help each other.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
Welcome back VoodooJoint. I am glad that you still have full power etc.

terramama

Cavy Slave
Good luck to all of you who are in the path of danger...one reason I am so happy to live in the back woods of Vermont. We just get a lot of snow, and it can be cold!! Be safe, be careful, good luck, and keep us updated. I cannot think of how scary it must be to try to evacuate your selves and your animal families. To all of you who do it, and keep your pets safe, even though it is harder than letting them go(grrrrr to the people who could even think about doing that!), bravo.

Just caught up to the end of the thread. Glad you are all safe!

JennG

Cavy Slave
Glad to hear that you and your family are back at home safe and sound! I'm sure they're relieved to be home too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.