Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! Old member returning after about two years.

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I left for about two years and highly doubt anyone here will know/remember me, so I thought I would make a thread here and introduce myself to everyone. :)

I currently don't have any Guinea pigs of my own, but I use to, and i'm definitely thinking about adopting some more, I loved owning Guinea pigs, I found it so much fun caring for them and trying to earn the're trust.
My first Guinea pigs where called Skittles and Mo, both boys, I got Skittles first from a friend, back when I knew nothing about owning Guinea pigs as pets, I was going to use him as a breeding pig. I use to breed Guinea pigs, but stopped after I read and researched more about them. And I realized how great they are as pets. I had no idea how much personality they could have back then.
Then I got Mo after learning that they do much better with a Guinea pig friend. They differed in personality a lot! But got along really well, Mo was dominant, he was the crazy, carefree and brave one that was very friendly towards Humans. Skittles was quieter and much more skittish, but still great and did end up warming up to me a bit.
I really miss them now, I never really end up missing pets like I miss those two.

But anyway, I just have to find a way to get on the subject about getting Guinea pigs again to my parents. It might take a bit of convincing to.
Especially to keep them in my room... They did make quite a bit of a mess with they'er little poops falling down out of they'er cage. :eek:
But convincing them that I will get every little thing set up properly and not rush anything, like the cage should work. (I tend to do that sometimes, get over exited to get a pet and rush things.)
I've already planned where I could put it, next to my computer (which I pretty much live on by the way, so they would see me a lot. xD) across a bit more then half my room, so it would be plenty big enough. Will just have to save up a bit of money to get the corrugated plastic and and all that.

So I think I will stop here, all my intros somehow end up being long when I think I have nothing to say. lol
Well, it's really nice to be back! I remember I would just sit at the computer and browse this site for hours, or come back to the computer to check it every thirty minutes, my sister must have gotten sick of seeing it, she remembers this forum after two years and she never once came on here herself. lol

I remember you also. Welcome back.

Welcome back! I wasn't here two years ago and didn't have piggies yet, but now I love my piggies and this forum!

Thanks everyone! Nice to see a few people from back then are still here. :) And it's good to see new people to!

Thanks @Kelsie. Time definitely does fly! And I agree, I was surprised at how much personality adorable little balls of fur with legs could have. :D

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Welcome back! I hope you can get some more piggies. I've never thought about owning one before, until a spontaneous day and we got one. I can't imagine NOT owning one now, they are so fascinating and hilarious to watch.

Thanks both of you. :)

Welcome back! (I don't know you as I wasn't here two years ago).

That's alright, nice to meet you, and thanks for the welcome!

Hey Lishar! I just came back after 6 months.

Welcome home :) I need a piggy of my own, too! Mine have all passed on; I had one, then two, then the original one, and then a third.

It's much too late on the East Coast--catch you tomorrow!

Welcome @Lishar :) im a newbie here with 3 new boys

Welcome back. I'm back on here myself after almost 5 years.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.