Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea pigs for sale on ebay

Maisiepaisie

Cavy Slave
I'm going to report them when I figure out how to. This makes me so angry. I bet they're bonded and now they're being auctioned off separately like they're just objects rather than sentient beings :mad:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GUINEA-PIG_W0QQitemZ190150622176QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63511QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (GUINEA PIG on eBay, Guinea Pigs, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (item 190150622176 end time 14-Sep-07 20:13:51 BST))
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GUINEA-PIG_W0QQitemZ190150623440QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63511QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (GUINEA PIG on eBay, Guinea Pigs, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (item 190150623440 end time 14-Sep-07 20:18:12 BST))
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GUINEA-PIG_W0QQitemZ190150624723QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63511QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (GUINEA PIG on eBay, Guinea Pigs, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (item 190150624723 end time 14-Sep-07 20:22:20 BST))
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GUINEA-PIG_W0QQitemZ190150626004QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63511QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (GUINEA PIG on eBay, Guinea Pigs, Pet Supplies, Home Garden (item 190150626004 end time 14-Sep-07 20:26:53 BST))

I just sent them this message:

You're disgusting auctioning off these beatiful guinea pigs like they're unwanted objects. They're living, breathing creatures with feelings. I'm wondering if they've been housed together and now your selling them off separately when they're bonded. Guinea pigs are social animals who don't do well alone. I only hope they find a good home with someone who cares about them as its obvious to me that you don't. I have 5 guinea pigs and I wouldn't part with them no matter what. They are part of my family.

I'm wondering now if I should report them or not because at least while the listings are there theres a chance those pigs will go to a better home. I worried they might do something awful to them.

It's prohibited to sell live things off Ebay.
I'm reporting them right now, but it upsets me that they're so desperate to get rid of them they'd even put them on Ebay for just anyone to BID on them.

I will report them also.

I clicked on the links and either the seller has removed the guinea pigs from the auction or my computer is stuffing up. Either way we should all report if anyone sees this again. It is unbelievable and unacceptable.

I think the links have been removed, because they're not working for my computer but they did only a little while ago.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Maisie, and thanks to those of you who reported them and sent them messages.

That is just ridiculous!!! Grrrr.

That is rediculous, just like cutiepuff said, it is prohibited to sell live animals on Ebay. I sure hope the little piggers will be alright :(

Ebay pulled the auctions. I just hope they get a good home.

Safe Journies
Samuel

i wish I could join e-Bay so I can report them, but they ask for phone numbers.

You can buy live animals off e-Bay: fertile eggs for hatching. They're alive, just not mobile.

I think you can still buy insects as well. They're even allowed in the post. Unbelievable but true :sad:

Does e-bay ever call you?

^^ on the phone you mean? No, why?

Does e-bay ever call you?

It's ebay policy to have a phone number on file so that if there's a problem with the transaction the seller can contact you or vice versa. Not because they call you.

Ah, I see why you asked now.

The links don't work, I am assuming they took it off (THANK GOD!) That's horrible, really really horrible ...

I am glad that you contacted them!!!

Good. I was thinking of making an account just to report people with.

I've both sold and bought things on ebay and have never seen anyone's phone number.

I'm still sick to my stomach about those poor piggies...

You have to specifically request the contact information from ebay. Generally you're only supposed to do it if theres a problem with your seller/buyer. They will email you all contact information they have on file and also email your contact details to the person in question.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.