Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Going to be making my cage tomarrow..

LovenPiggies

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
So I don't have enough money right now to make the 2 cages I wanted SO, I am going to make my girls cage this pay check and then my boys cage the next pay check.
I decided to make the girls 2x5. I am going to get the stuff tomorrow to make it. I cant wait!!! I am sure they will love it ❤️
And my boys will be a 2x4 cause i don't have ANY more room!! I wish I did but I don't, I moved my desk and did som measuring and thats all I have room for unfortunetly. Anyways, I will make sure to post lots and lots of pics after i make the cage tomarrow. Make sure to check back to this thread if you want to see pics. They should be up around 6-7pm tomarrow.

Your best bet is to make the boys 2x5 and the girls 2x4. Boy need a little more room.

Your best bet is to make the boys 2x5 and the girls 2x4. Boy need a little more room.

Yep I'd agree with this - if you have the space for a 2x5 and a 2x4 I'd swap things round and make the boys' cage a 2x5 and the girls' cage a 2x4 as boys need the extra space more than girls. My boys have a 2x5 and they love it.

You could stack the cages?

How many boys and girls do you have?

How many boys and girls do you have?

That's a good point...... I never thought about that!

Information on how much space piggies need is on the Home Page of this website - but you probably know that already. :)

Forgot to say - I wish you well with the cage building.

i have 3 girls and 3 boys but I have my one boy in a separate cage cause he all the sudden came down with something and I am taking him to the vet. But like that matters lol. so i have 3 of each sex.

The minimum size recommended for 3 guinea pigs is a 2x5 cage - for 3 boys that would really need to be a 2x6 to prevent fighting.....

Is there any way you can make the cages wider if you can't make them longer?

I mean; could you make a 3x3 cage or a 3x4 cage? A 3x4 is the same size as a 2x6 space-wise and a 3x3 is slightly bigger than a 2x4 cage. Just a thought that's all. Hope your poorly boy will be ok.

I agree that the boys should have a bigger cage than the girls.

Ok So Hm.... I can maybe take my desk and move it completely and then i could make the boys cage 4 panels long and ill make it also a panel wider too. That would work.. What do you think?

Girls-5x2
boys-4x3

Good idea?

Ok So Hm.... I can maybe take my desk and move it completely and then i could make the boys cage 4 panels long and ill make it also a panel wider too. That would work.. What do you think?

Girls-5x2
boys-4x3

Good idea?

Sounds good to me! :)

Hope the building goes well! I used the connectors but on 'weak points' I used cable ties as well for extra strength - or 'zipties' as I think you call them in the US, lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.